FamCamp® is a California State Parks access program that began in 1994. It is the largest statewide program that introduces camping to underserved areas of our communities.
- To introduce camping to community groups who would otherwise not have the opportunity to have an overnight outdoor recreation experience.
- To strengthen human relations by teaching a new form of recreation.
- To promote a safe, affordable recreation activity that involves all members of the community.
- To encourage the use of State Parks by community-based organizations and to help them meet their goals for the community.
- OCI believes that nature and outdoor recreation is a critical ingredient to the overall health and well-being of our society.
- With the hustle and the bustle of the mordern world, it is difficult to find time to rest and disconnect from the demanding routine.
- Camping is an outdoor experience that allows us to experience nearly all the wellness benefits of nature and outdoor recreation.
- A well-excecuted camping trip can inspire, transform lives, and spark positive community development.
- Each trip is unique and will afford campers opportunities for growth and discovery.
- By fostering transformative experiences for individuals, we also create pathways for growth in our communities.
- In order to qualify for the FamCamp program, an organization must meet the following criterias:
- The organization must be a non-profit or public agency.
- At least one member must have completed the ORL training within the last two (2) years.
- Must be in good standing with OCI.
- Contact us to reserve your spots.
- Northern California
- Central California