- day-use parking lots open at 8am and close at 10pm.
- campground gates open at 8am and close at 10pm. No entry after 10pm.
Leo Carrillo State Park
Leo Carrillo State Park has 1.5 miles of beach for swimming, surfing, windsurfing, surf fishing and beachcombing. The beach also has tidepools, coastal caves and reefs for exploring. Giant sycamores shade the main campgrounds. The park also features back-country hiking.
The park was named after Leo Carrillo (1880-1961), actor, preservationist and conservationist. Leo Carrillo served on the California Beach and Parks commission for eighteen years, and was instrumental in the state's acquisition of the Hearst property at San Simeon. He was related by blood and marriage to a long line of distinguished original Californians. Leo's greatest fame came from his portrayal of Pancho, the sidekick to Duncan Renaldo's Cisco Kid, an early 1950's TV series.
Location: The park is located 28 miles northwest of Santa Monica on the Pacific Coast Highway (Highway 1.)
- Take the 101 freeway and exit at Kanan Road.
- Go south onto Kanan Road.
- Turn right onto Mulholland Highway.
- Keep left to continue on Encinal Canyon Road.
- Turn left to stay on Encinal Canyon Road.
- Turn right onto CA-1 N, Pacific Coast Highway.
- 2.3 miles down, the park entrance will be on your right.
- All day – $12.00 per car, per day
- 3 hrs – $9.00 per car
- 2 hrs – $6.00 per car
- 1 hr – $3.00 per car
- Large Bus- $125 per bus
- Small Bus- $50 per bus
Popular hikes and trails:
- Leo Carrillo Beach Trail (moderate)
- Yellow Hill Trail (easy)
- Nicholas Flat Trail (hard)
- Camping Adventures (Campsite equipment and set up)
- Anthony and Annette Minicucci (Leo Carillo camp store)
Firewood Policy: Burning firewood, Duraflame, and charcoal briquettes is allowed in the fire rings only when fire level permits. Check the sign near the entrance kiosk for the day's fire level.
Showers: The park has only token-operated showers. The token machines accept ONLY one dollar bills. Change for larger bills is not available at this time.
Electrical Hookup AMP details: 20 AMP, 30 AMP, 50 AMP (all 3 are present where hookups are)
For camp host opportunity inquiries, email firstname.lastname@example.org.