Significant Incidents Updates
California State Parks works closely with the state’s network of local, state and federal law enforcement agencies to ensure our parks and their surrounding communities are safe.
Our State Parks Peace Officers respond to all types of emergencies. Information on significant incidents such as, but not limited to wildfires, earthquakes, floods and Public Safety Power Shutoffs, will be posted on this website.
Updated: November 23, 2020 (6:00 p.m.)
California State Parks has closed the following park units due to the ongoing wildfires burning across much of the state. Camping reservation holders impacted by the wildfires are being contacted with cancellation information.
The public is advised to avoid the following park units and any other areas that are closed during this time. The list is dynamic and is updated with new information as soon as it becomes available.
Parks fully closed: 5 | Parks partially closed: 11
(State Operated -11; Locally Operated - 5)
- Mono Lake Tufa State Natural Reserve (SNR) – portions of south side closed including South Tufa and Navy Beach (U.S. Forest Service).
CZU August Lightning Complex Fire
San Mateo County
- Butano SP
Santa Cruz County
- Big Basin Redwoods SP: Closure includes Rancho Del Oso and Little Basin.
Santa Cruz County
- Henry Cowell Redwoods State Park (Portions of Fall Creek unit closed)
- Julia Pfeiffer Burns SP
- Limekiln SP (Operated by Parks Management Company)
- Bale Grist Mills State Historic Park (SHP) (Operated by Napa County Regional Park and Open Space District)
- Bothe-Napa Valley SP (Operated by Napa County Regional Park and Open Space District)
- Robert Louis Stevenson SP (Operated by Napa County Regional Park and Open Space District)
- Sugarloaf Ridge SP (Operated by Team Sugarloaf)
- Trione-Annadel SP
- South Yuba River SP (Independence Trail)
LNU Lightning Complex Fire
- Armstrong Redwoods SNR
- Austin Creek SRA
Northern Complex West Zone (formerly the Bear/North Complex Fire)
- Lake Oroville SRA (Only Loafer Creek, Foreman Creek, Enterprise and Stringtown remain closed)
SCU Lightning Complex Fire
Santa Clara County
- Henry W. Coe SP
This site provides general information concerning an incident within California’s state park system. All of our information comes from park districts and/or divisions and must be approved by the Incident Commander in charge of managing the incident prior to release. Updates to these sites cannot be guaranteed on a set time schedule. Please use the information on these pages only as a reference. The sites are not meant to provide up to the minute information. Please refer to the information phone numbers provided on this site, and website links for additional information, and monitor your local radio stations for emergency broadcasts.