Outdoor Recreation Leadership
ORL Training Background
A training designed for staff, volunteers, and community leaders to increase their resources related to youth empowerment, team building, and community development strategies. Participants grow their confidence teaching and leading groups on outdoor recreation trips and other activities. Training graduates also receive a two-year certification to take others camping via FamCamp.
Together, we can increase park access and provide all the opportunity to experience the benefits of nature.
ORL Training Details
- Three-days and two nights of tent camping.
- Training starts at 1:30 p.m. the first day, a full 2nd day and ending around noon on the last day.
- Upon completion of the training, participants will receive a two year certification that provides access to take others camping using the FamCamp® program.
- Registration is $200 per participant, payable to "California State Parks - Office of Community Involvement".
- The registration cost includes training resources and materials, all meals, and access to camping equipment during training.
ORL Training Topics
- The role of recreation in community building
- Youth development principles
- Community improvement strategies with implementation tools and tips
- Leadership development
- Networking opportunities
- Outdoor recreation skill development
- Program planning
- Group facilitation with diverse communities
- Team building activities and opportunities to enhance programming
Please contact our office to register!