6:00am - Sunset
Vessel Use: 6:00am-Sunset
San Luis Reservoir State Recreation Area
O'Neill Forebay Algal bloom information: Caution advisory posted for the O'Neill Forebay from samples taken near the boat launch area, Check 13 and The Gianelli Powerplant within the caution range for microcystins.
San Luis Reservoir SRA Algal bloom information: Warning advisory posted for San Luis Reservoir from sample taken near the Basalt boat launch area.
COVID-19 Guidelines (February 16, 2022)
Protect yourself, family, friends and your community by following these prevention measures:
- Know Before You Go – Prior to leaving home, check the status of the park unit you want to visit to find out what restrictions and guidelines are in place. Have a back-up plan in case your destination is crowded. Stay home if you are sick
- Plan Ahead – Some restrooms will be temporarily closed to keep up with cleaning schedules. Bring soap/hand sanitizer.
- Play It Safe – Find out what precautions you should take when exploring the outdoors, especially if this is your first time visiting the State Park System. Learn more at parks.ca.gov/SafetyTips.
- Be COVID-19 Safe – State Parks continues to meet guidance from local and state public officials as COVID-19 is still present and still deadly. Effective March 1, 2022, state guidance recommends that all individuals, regardless of vaccine status, continue masking in indoor settings, such as museums and visitor centers. Universal masking remains required in specified high-risk settings. Please plan ahead as local county guidelines may differ from state guidance and visitors are urged to follow county guidelines when required. Read the latest COVID-19 guidance at COVID19.ca.gov.
- Leave No Trace – Leave areas better than how you found them by staying on designated trails and packing out all trash. Do not disturb wildlife or plants.
Welcome to San Luis Reservoir State Recreation Area!
Nestled in the grassy hills of the western San Joaquin Valley near historic Pacheco Pass, San Luis Reservoir State Recreation Area is noted for boating, board sailing, camping, and picnicking. But it's anglers who find the unit's three lakes most inviting.
Explore San Luis Reservoir SRA:
Four Rivers Sector Office (209) 826-1197
Basalt Campground Kiosk (209) 827-6846
O'Neill Forebay Kiosk (209) 826-4714
Los Banos Creek Kiosk (209)826-6393
Mederios Entrance Kiosk (209) 826-6240