Dawn to sunset
San Elijo State Beach
San Elijo State Beach Lifeguard Headquarters
Beginning May 2018-June 2019, California State Parks will be constructing the new Lifeguard Headquarters building at San Elijo State Beach. For more information click here.
Located on the San Diego Coast, San Elijo State Beach offers camping, swimming, surfing, showers and picnicking. The narrow, bluff-backed stretch of sand has a nearby reef popular with snorkelers and divers.
A camp store and snack bar located near the campground entrance operates March through December and provides all the amenities a camper may need including some RV supplies, boogie boards, firewood.
2050 S Coast Hwy 101
Exit Interstate 5 at Encinitas Blvd., head WEST.
Turn LEFT on So. Coast Hwy. Follow the Coast Hwy. south, about 2 miles.
- JLM Systems (San Elijo Camp Store)
- LAZ Parking California, LLC of San Diego (Parking Lot Management)
- Travel Time RV, Inc. (Camp trailer rentals)
- LUV-2-CAMP, LLC (Camp trailer rentals)
- Albert's RV Rental (Camp trailer rentals)
- MLG Enterprises RV Rental, LLC (Camp trailer rental)
Photos of San Elijo State Beach!
For additional visitor services at San Elijo SB click here.
Available Activities and Facilities at San Elijo State Beach
RV Sites w/Hookups
RV Dump Station
Env. Learning/Visitor Center
Exhibits and Programs
Restrooms / Showers
Drinking Water Available