8am - Sunset
Visitor Center & Store: Thursday through Sunday 10am-4pm
Tuesday July 4, 2017 from 11 am to 4 pm
Parade at 11:45pm
Visit Wilder Ranch’s historic cultural preserve and take a step back in time 100 years ago as you participate in an early 1900s-style Independence Day celebration including a noon family parade, games, children’s crafts area, live big-band music, living history demonstrations, historic speeches and flag-raising. Food and drink available for sale, or bring a picnic lunch. The event is held on the grounds of the Wilder Ranch Cultural Preserve. This event is appropriate for all ages. Day-use parking fee is $10
Step back in time to the late 1800's and visit an early dairy ranch. You can explore California's early ranching history by visiting an 1897 Victorian home, or experience a 1896 water-powered machine shop. Bring a picnic to enjoy on the front lawn, and visit the farm animals. With more than 35 miles of trail, you can adventure into the Santa Cruz Mountains or walk along the coastal bluffs.
Located two miles north of Santa Cruz, on Highway 1 at:
1401 Coast Road
Santa Cruz, CA 95060
Wilder Ranch offers 35 miles of hiking, biking, and equestrian trails. The 1800's dairy ranch, or cultural preserve, includes historic buildings and farm animals.
Vehicle Day-Use Fee:
Regular Sized Auto: $10 (Senior $9, age 62 or older)
Bus Parking (10-24 passengers): $50
Bus Parking (25+ passengers): $100
Visitor Center & Store:
Visitor Services (831) 423-9703
Park Store (831) 426-0505
Special Events (831) 464-6290
Hours: Most months it’s open Thursday through Sunday, 10am-4pm. Hours are more restricted December–February and less restricted April–mid-June. Call 831-426-0505 for more information.
Events & Activities
For a list of events and activities at Wilder Ranch, please click here.
- Due to fire hazard, fires and smoking are not permitted on any trail.
- All natural and cultural park features are protected by law. Do not remove or harm plants, animals or other features of the park.
- Bicycles—please obey 15 mph speed limit; stop when approaching a horseback rider; walk bicycles through ranch complex and be respectful of hikers.
- Wilder Ranch does not allow dogs in the park.
- There’s no camping in the park, except for six first-come, first-served site for visitors with horses. For access to the horse camp, call 831-423-9703.
Wilder Ranch offers Ranch Tours or Farm Animal Tours for groups of 10 or more. Reservations must be made at least 2 weeks in advance. Call the park for reservations. (831) 426-0505.
Ranch Kids Day Programs 2017-2018
Information can be found within Related Pages by selecting 'Teachers' or clicking here.
Photographs courtesy of Friends of Santa Cruz State Parks.