8am to Sunset
Camping is not available at this park.
Pomponio State Beach
COVID-19 Guidelines (February 16, 2022)
Protect yourself, family, friends and your community by following these prevention measures:
- Know Before You Go – Prior to leaving home, check the status of the park unit you want to visit to find out what restrictions and guidelines are in place. Have a back-up plan in case your destination is crowded. Stay home if you are sick
- Plan Ahead – Some restrooms will be temporarily closed to keep up with cleaning schedules. Bring soap/hand sanitizer.
- Play It Safe – Find out what precautions you should take when exploring the outdoors, especially if this is your first time visiting the State Park System. Learn more at parks.ca.gov/SafetyTips.
- Be COVID-19 Safe – State Parks continues to meet guidance from local and state public officials as COVID-19 is still present and still deadly. Effective March 1, 2022, state guidance recommends that all individuals, regardless of vaccine status, continue masking in indoor settings, such as museums and visitor centers. Universal masking remains required in specified high-risk settings. Please plan ahead as local county guidelines may differ from state guidance and visitors are urged to follow county guidelines when required. Read the latest COVID-19 guidance at COVID19.ca.gov.
- Leave No Trace – Leave areas better than how you found them by staying on designated trails and packing out all trash. Do not disturb wildlife or plants.
Visiting Pomponio State Beach
Located 12 miles south of Half Moon Bay along the San Mateo coastline, Pomponio State Beach provides access to miles of gently sloping, sandy beaches at the base of high sandstone bluffs. The beach features a small lagoon and roaring surf. Facilities include picnic tables and pit toilets.
Basic Park Information
DOGS are prohibited on the beach at all times.
BEACH FIRES are not allowed.
COLLECTING is prohibited. Please refrain from removing shells, driftwood, and other natural beach features.
DRONES are not allowed in the park. To protect wildlife and cultural resources, and for the safety and welfare of visitors and staff, the park is closed to the use of Model Aircraft, Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS), and Gliders in flight.
OCEAN SAFETY – Always use caution when you are in or near the ocean. The ocean water is very cold year-round. Even a short swim can cause cramps or hypothermia (a life-threatening condition which occurs when your body temperature drops before normal). In addition, strong rip currents can pull even the most experienced swimmers offshore.
PERMITS are required for all events and weddings. A photography permit is required for all commercial photography.
- Wedding & Special Events Permits:
- Film & Photography Permits: