The following are organized by “Competitive Programs” and “Non-Competitive” Programs.
To request a new grant through these programs, please contact the "Competitive Review Project Officer" based on the proposed project’s county.
If you are a “grantee” with an awarded grant project, or requesting Per Capita or RIRE Funding, please contact the "Grant Administration Project Officer" based on the project’s county.
- Statewide Park Program (SPP) – The Round 5 application cycle is postponed. An update may be available in Summer 2023.
- Outdoor Equity Grants Program - The Round 2 Application Guide and deadline will be announced soon.
- Land and Water Conservation Fund - June 1, 2023, Application Deadline
- Recreational Trails Program – June 15, 2023 Application Deadline
- Habitat Conservation Fund – June 15, 2023 Application Deadline
- Land and Water Conservation Fund + Readiness and Environmental Protection Integration Program – July 19, 2023 Application Deadline
- Outdoor Recreation Legacy Partnership (ORLP) Program – Application Deadline was December 15, 2022
- Regional Parks Program - Application Deadline was January 20, 2022
- Rural Recreation and Tourism Program (RRT) - Application Deadline was January 20, 2022
- Locally-Operated State Parks Program - Application Deadline was August 31, 2021
- Per Capita Program (block grant based on population)
- Recreational Infrastructure Revenue Enhancement (RIRE) Program: $37,000,000
LINKS TO BOND ACTS ADMINISTERED BY OGALS
Current Bond Act:
2018 Parks and Water Bond Act (Proposition 68)
Prior Bond Acts:
2006 Safe Drinking Water Bond Act (Proposition 84)
2002 Resources Bond Act (Proposition 40)
2000 Parks Bond Act (Proposition 12)
All Grants Since 1965 (.xls)
Other Grant Programs and Resources
California Natural Resources Agency
Division of Boating and Waterways
Off-Highway Motor Vehicle Recreation