Parks and Water Bond Act of 2018 (Proposition 68)
Programs Appropriated in 2018/19 Budget
(Updated as more information becomes available)
- Statewide Park Program (SPP) - Round 3: $254,942,000 to be awarded
- Per Capita Program: $185,000,000
Funds are available for local park rehabilitation, creation, and improvement grants to local governments on a per capita basis. Grant recipients are encouraged to utilize awards to rehabilitate existing infrastructure and to address deficiencies in neighborhoods lacking access to the outdoors.
- Fall 2018 – Begin determining allocations
- Spring 2019 - Public Hearings
- Spring/Summer 2019 – Announce allocations/release final guide
Information on other Parks and Water Bond Act of 2018 programs will be provided as additional information becomes available.
- Regional Park Program
- Rural Recreation and Tourism Program
(Click the links above to learn more about these programs.)