6 AM to 10 PM
Kings Beach State Recreation Area
COVID-19 Guidelines (February 16, 2022)
Protect yourself, family, friends and your community by following these prevention measures:
- Know Before You Go – Prior to leaving home, check the status of the park unit you want to visit to find out what restrictions and guidelines are in place. Have a back-up plan in case your destination is crowded. Stay home if you are sick
- Plan Ahead – Some restrooms will be temporarily closed to keep up with cleaning schedules. Bring soap/hand sanitizer.
- Play It Safe – Find out what precautions you should take when exploring the outdoors, especially if this is your first time visiting the State Park System. Learn more at parks.ca.gov/SafetyTips.
- Be COVID-19 Safe – State Parks continues to meet guidance from local and state public officials as COVID-19 is still present and still deadly. Effective March 1, 2022, state guidance recommends that all individuals, regardless of vaccine status, continue masking in indoor settings, such as museums and visitor centers. Universal masking remains required in specified high-risk settings. Please plan ahead as local county guidelines may differ from state guidance and visitors are urged to follow county guidelines when required. Read the latest COVID-19 guidance at COVID19.ca.gov.
- Leave No Trace – Leave areas better than how you found them by staying on designated trails and packing out all trash. Do not disturb wildlife or plants.
Our parks are highly impacted at this time - please help make your parks cleaner than you found them. Thank you.
Kings Beach SRA Regulations
No Alcoholic Beverages
No Dogs on the beach
Dogs must be leashed on sidewalks and picnic areas
No Fires or Charcoal BBQs
No bicycles or skateboards on the sidewalks
Amplified music is only allowed with a permit
Please dispose of garbage responsibly
Day Use - Kings Beach State Recreation Area is a day-use only facility, with 18 picnic tables, restrooms, a playground, a half court for basketball, and water sport activities available.
Parking - Parking lots are Pay-to-Park. Fees are required to park in the parking lots year-round. Automatic Pay Stations are located in Kings Beach and Kings Beach Boat Launch parking lots. Busses, RV's and trailers not allowed to park in the main lot. Peak-Season rates (May 1 - September 30) - $10.00 per vehicle for the day, or $3.00 per hour. Non-Peak-Season rates (October 1 - April 30) - $5 per vehicle for the day, or $3.00 per hour. Annual passes available. Pay machines can take credit cards or exact cash. Change not given. Parking lot is open 6:00 am to 10:00 pm.
Restrooms - There are restroom facilities located east of the main parking lot next to the playground and also near the Kings Beach Boat launch. The boat launch restroom facilities are closed and winterized during the winter season.
Boat Ramp - The Kings Beach boat ramp is located at the east edge of the Park. Available public boat ramps are listed with Tahoe Boat Inspections. The boat ramp will remain closed for the 2022 season. For more information about the Kings Beach Boat Launch Facility, please contact North Tahoe Water Sports at 530-546-9253.
Picnic Tables and BBQs - All picnic tables are first come, first serve. Charcoal barbeques are not allowed. Propane and gas barbeques are allowed in the picnic areas.
Fishing - Kings Beach has a shallow shelf which requires a good distance away from shore to reach deeper waters. While the fishing is not spectacular at Kings Beach, fishing is allowed. A fishing license is required.
Water Sport Activities - For more information regarding water sport activities at Kings Beach SRA, visit North Tahoe Watersports.
Special Events - Kings Beach SRA has an outdoor plaza and a small stage near the playground which are available for special events. If you have an interest in having a special event at Kings Beach SRA or North Tahoe Beach Pavilion, contact Special Events at (530) 550-6165 or NorthTahoe.SpecialEvents@parks.ca.gov .
If you would like to inquire about the North Tahoe Event Center please call (530) 546-7249.
For upcoming events in the area please visit North Tahoe Business Association or Go Tahoe North.
Kings Beach SRA is located in downtown Kings Beach, near Bear street on the north shore of Lake Tahoe. The park is approximately one mile west of the Nevada State Line and thirteen miles southeast of Truckee, CA from Highway 267. Check road conditions with Caltrans.
Summer temperatures range from about 75 degrees during the day to the low 40's at night. Winter temperatures average from a high of 40 to a low of 20 degrees. High Sierra weather is varied and can change abruptly. It is recommended to bring layered clothing and check weather updates. Temperature is available from NOAA.gov
Dogs are not allowed on the beach at Kings Beach SRA year round.
Dogs are welcome on leash along the sidewalks and in the picnic table areas.
They are also welcome at Dog Beach which is located at the east of the Park beyond the boat ramp (rocky area).
Please do not leave your dog in a vehicle and plan accordingly.
Here are some boarding options if you are away from home.
Please help keep Lake Tahoe clean.
KINGS BEACH STATE RECREATION AREA
Kings Beach State Recreation Area features 979 feet of beautiful frontage property along the North Shore of Lake Tahoe. This day-use only area has a large sandy beach and multiple picnic tables under the shade of Jeffery pines.
This is a family-oriented park with a playground and volleyball poles. Dogs are welcome on leash on the sidewalks and in the picnic areas, not on the beach. Alcoholic beverages are not allowed at this beach. Smoking is not allowed. No Charcoal barbeques. Please help keep your lake and beaches clean.