Horseback Trail Safety Tips
- Before you begin exploring on a designated equestrian trail, you and your horse should be in excellent physical shape and you should be prepared for the trail’s terrain.
- Please connect with the park directly on horse camping and any trail regulations.
- Wear a helmet and appropriate footwear with a small heel to protect feet from slipping through the stirrups.
- Carry a small first aid kit.
- Bring enough water for yourself and for your horse.
- Don’t ride alone, and tell a responsible person where you are going and when you will return. Ask that person to notify local law enforcement if you don’t return on time.
- Keep horses on trail and observe all signage.
- Bikers and pedestrians yield to horses.
- Travel at a safe speed. With multi-use trail, announce yourself when approaching others.