- Never feed or touch wildlife. Do not approach or attempt to move sick or injured wildlife. Please report any encounters with aggressive, sick or injured animals to a park staff.
- Drink and carry plenty of water (a minimum of 1 quart for every two hours). Even if stream, river or lake water looks clean, it can make you ill.
- Be prepared. Backpacking requires careful planning and gear before heading into the wilderness.
- Speak to a ranger or park staff at the visitor center for current trail conditions, weather forecast and reliability of water sources.
- Let someone back at camp or at home know where you are going and when you’re returning. Hike with a friend or family member. For more information, visit our Hiking page.
- Do not walk off-trail or enter closed areas.
Download the what3words and OuterSpatial apps to help ensure safety and enhance your park experience!