7:00 a.m. to Sunset
San Buenaventura State Beach
As a reminder, Californians are encouraged to avoid road trips and stay close to home, maintain physical distancing, wear a face covering when a physical distance of six feet from others who are not from the immediate household members cannot be maintained, and avoid congregating. Everyone has the responsibility to slow down the spread of COVID-19.
Here are some additional guidelines for locals visiting San Buenaventura State Beach:
What is open now?
- Day Use, Concessions, trails and the Beach
What is currently closed?
- Park Office is closed, walk up window is available.
Are there any new visitor guidelines?
Yes, please see below:
- Stay Safer at 6 Feet: Maintain a physical distance of 6 feet or more. Gatherings, picnics and parties are not allowed. Visitors will be asked to leave if there are too many people at the park to allow for the required physical distance.
- Stay Clean: Be prepared. Bring soap/sanitizer.
- Stay Covered: The state now requires you to wear a face covering in most indoor settings and public outdoor spaces when you cannot maintain physical distancing of six feet or more from people outside of your immediate household. Expect that trails, boardwalks and sidewalks do not provide six feet distance, Always have your face covering at hand. For details, please visit CDPH’s guidance here. Visitors should also abide by their local county health orders.
Statewide, California State Parks continues to work with locals on a phased and regionally-driven approach to increase access to state park units where compliance with state and local public health ordinances can be achieved. Even though the department has increased access across the State Park System, the need for Californians to slow the spread of COVID-19 in the outdoors remains critical.
For information on statewide current closures and available services, please visit parks.ca.gov/FlattenTheCurve.
About San Buenaventura State Beach
Come enjoy a laid back, retro vibe at San Buenaventura State Beach. Watch time slow down as you arrive and enjoy swimming, surfing, picnicking, beach volleyball, or playing frisbee. The beach is two miles of sandy expanse mixed with a small lagoon and copious wildlife. This beach is lifeguarded by the State of California's highly trained lifeguards year-round with every tower occupied and watching the water in the summer months.
Enjoy the wild and scenic sand dunes, and relax in the well aportioned picnic sites. Each picnic area has tables and grills for large groups or multiple familes. Some picnic areas even offer wind and privacy screens to improve your experience.
Host your dream event here and take advantage of our 6 acres of turf which is complimented by seemingly limiteless parking in our three large parking lots. The Jolly Oyster, Good to Go Juice Truck, and Wheel Fun Rentals are located on-site during weekends and holidays, offering visitors food and beverage service and bike rentals. Bike trails connect other nearby beaches and the Ventura Pier so you may continue your exploration right into downtown Ventura if you please.
Apply Now! Job Opportunities
The Jolly Oyster
Saturday 11 am-6 pm
Sunday 11 am-6 pm
More good times ahead!
Opening Fridays 11-6 beginning Memorial Weekend!