7:00 a.m. to Sunset
San Buenaventura State Beach
Here are some guidelines for people visiting San Buenaventura State Beach:
What is open now?
The following is open at the state beach:
- The day-use parking lots and fees are $10 per vehicle.
- Kiosks will be staffed for informational services only. No cash or credit card transactions will be handled by staff.
- Day-use fees can be paid upon arrival through https://www.passportparking.com/. Additionally, there is an Automated Pay Machine which accepts credit cards and an Iron Ranger which accepts cash.
- Restrooms will be open, State Parks is operating in compliance with state and local health orders and guidelines.
What is currently closed at this park and throughout the State Park System?
At this park
- District office.
- High public-use indoor facilities, including museums and visitor centers.
- Special events and tours continue to be canceled until further notice.
Are there any new visitor guidelines?
Yes, please see below:
- Traditional Recreation: The City and County of Ventura, along with State Parks are now allowing traditional Day Use recreation to return, with modifications
- Stay Local: Stay close to home. Do not take road trips to parks and beaches or to neighboring states.
- Stay Active: Watch for one-way trails.
- Stay Safer at 6 Feet: Maintain a physical distance of 6 feet or more. Gatherings, picnics and parties are not allowed. Visitors will be asked to leave if there are too many people at the park or on trails to allow for the required physical distance.
- Stay Clean: Be prepared. Bring soap/sanitizer and pack out all trash.
- Stay Covered: Please be sure to wear face coverings when you cannot maintain a safe 6-foot distance from others.
Thank you for your patience and continued support of California State Parks as we work to limit your risk for exposure to COVID-19 in the outdoors. For more information, please visit parks.ca.gov/FlattenTheCurve.
About San Buenaventura State Beach
Come enjoy a laid back, retro vibe at San Buenaventura State Beach. Watch time slow down as you arrive and enjoy swimming, surfing, picnicking, beach volleyball, or playing frisbee. The beach is two miles of sandy expanse mixed with a small lagoon and copious wildlife. This beach is lifeguarded by the State of California's highly trained lifeguards year-round with every tower occupied and watching the water in the summer months.
Enjoy the wild and scenic sand dunes, and relax in the well aportioned picnic sites. Each picnic area has tables and grills for large groups or multiple familes. Some picnic areas even offer wind and privacy screens to improve your experience.
Host your dream event here and take advantage of our 6 acres of turf which is complimented by seemingly limiteless parking in our three large parking lots. The Jolly Oyster, Good to Go Juice Truck, and Wheel Fun Rentals are located on-site during weekends and holidays, offering visitors food and beverage service and bike rentals. Bike trails connect other nearby beaches and the Ventura Pier so you may continue your exploration right into downtown Ventura if you please.
Apply Now! Job Opportunities
The Jolly Oyster
Saturday 11 am-6 pm
Sunday 11 am-6 pm
More good times ahead!
Opening Fridays 11-6 beginning Memorial Weekend!