7:00 a.m. to Sunset
San Buenaventura State Beach
Here is some additional information for locals visiting San Buenaventura State Beach:
What is open now?
- Day-use park areas, trails, beach, parking, and restrooms.
- Bike path.
What is currently closed at this park and throughout the State Park System?
Closed at this park:
- District Office.
- Special events and tours.
- Many campgrounds across the state remain temporarily closed until further notice or will be temporarily closed in accordance with the new Regional Stay at Home Order. More information here.
- High public-use indoor facilities, including museums and visitor centers.
- Special events and tours continue to be canceled until further notice.
Are there any new visitor guidelines?
Yes, State Parks has implemented the following guidelines to reduce the risk of exposure to COVID-19 in the outdoors:
- Stay Local –Stay close to home to slow the spread of COVID-19. Do not travel if you or someone in your household is sick.
- Plan Ahead – The COVID-19 pandemic response continues to be dynamic and fluid. As such, information on this webpage may change. Prior to visiting us, please check this webpage again right before you visit the park to find out if new guidelines are in place.
- Stay Safer at 6 feet – No matter the recreational activity, maintain a physical distance of 6 feet or more. Your guests should only include those within your immediate household. This means no guests or friends, and no gatherings, picnics or parties. Visitors are being asked to leave if there are too many people to allow for the required physical distance.
- Boating: Do not raft up to other boaters or pull up onto a beach next to other recreators.
- Off-highway Vehicle Recreation: Do not ride next to others or pull up next to someone else as it could put you in close proximity to others. Stage 10 feet or more from each other during unloading and loading.
- Keep Clean – Be prepared. Not all restrooms are open to the public. in some cases, restrooms will be temporarily closed to keep up with cleaning schedules. Bring soap/hand sanitizer. Please pack out all trash. Park units are experiencing heavy use and you can help alleviate the impact on park facilities.
- Stay Covered – The state requires you wear a face covering when you cannot maintain physical distancing of six feet or more. Individuals must have a face covering with them at all times.
Statewide, California State Parks continues to work with locals on a phased and regionally driven approach to increase access to state park units where compliance with state and local public health ordinances can be achieved. However, the situation remains fluid and park operations can change at any time. The need for Californians to slow the spread of COVID-19 in the outdoors remains critical.
For information on statewide current closures and available services, please visit parks.ca.gov/FlattenTheCurve.
About San Buenaventura State Beach
Come enjoy a laid back, retro vibe at San Buenaventura State Beach. Watch time slow down as you arrive and enjoy swimming, surfing, picnicking, beach volleyball, or playing frisbee. The beach is two miles of sandy expanse mixed with a small lagoon and copious wildlife. This beach is lifeguarded by the State of California's highly trained lifeguards year-round with every tower occupied and watching the water in the summer months.
Enjoy the wild and scenic sand dunes, and relax in the well aportioned picnic sites. Each picnic area has tables and grills for large groups or multiple familes. Some picnic areas even offer wind and privacy screens to improve your experience.
Host your dream event here and take advantage of our 6 acres of turf which is complimented by seemingly limiteless parking in our three large parking lots. The Jolly Oyster, Good to Go Juice Truck, and Wheel Fun Rentals are located on-site during weekends and holidays, offering visitors food and beverage service and bike rentals. Bike trails connect other nearby beaches and the Ventura Pier so you may continue your exploration right into downtown Ventura if you please.
Apply Now! Job Opportunities
The Jolly Oyster
Saturday 11 am-6 pm
Sunday 11 am-6 pm
More good times ahead!
Opening Fridays 11-6 beginning Memorial Weekend!