Sunrise to Sunset.
Bethany Reservoir State Recreation Area
What is currently closed?
- The road leading to the north parking lot will be closed to vehicle traffic until further notice. Pedestrian access to the north parking lot is allowed.
Protect yourself, family, friends and your community by following these prevention measures:
- Know Before You Go – Prior to leaving home, check the status of the park unit you want to visit to find out what restrictions and guidelines are in place. Have a back-up plan in case your destination is crowded. Stay home if you are sick
- Plan Ahead – Some restrooms will be temporarily closed to keep up with cleaning schedules. Bring soap/hand sanitizer.
- Play It Safe – Find out what precautions you should take when exploring the outdoors, especially if this is your first time visiting the State Park System. Learn more at parks.ca.gov/SafetyTips.
- Be COVID-19 Safe – State Parks continues to meet guidance from local and state public officials as COVID-19 is still present and still deadly. Effective March 1, 2022, state guidance recommends that all individuals, regardless of vaccine status, continue masking in indoor settings, such as museums and visitor centers. Universal masking remains required in specified high-risk settings. Please plan ahead as local county guidelines may differ from state guidance and visitors are urged to follow county guidelines when required. Read the latest COVID-19 guidance at COVID19.ca.gov.
- Leave No Trace – Leave areas better than how you found them by staying on designated trails and packing out all trash. Do not disturb wildlife or plants.
Located in the northernmost part of the San Joaquin Valley, Bethany Reservoir State Recreation Area is a popular place for water-oriented recreation, especially fishing and windsurfing. It also features a bike trail (along the California Aqueduct Bikeway) - and many windmills. It is also the northern terminus of the California Aqueduct.
Location - Directions
The recreation area is northeast of Livermore, seven miles off Interstate 580 at the Grant Line Road exit.
Seasons/Climate Recommended Clothing
The weather can be changeable; layered clothing is recommended.
Fees are collected by iron ranger. Please bring exact change. Failure to pay fees may result in a citation.
- $10.00 parking
- $7.00 boat launch
- $1.00 discount for vehicle day use for persons 62 years of age or older