8:00 am to Sunset
McConnell State Recreation Area
Here are some guidelines for people visiting McConnell State Recreation Area:
What is open now?
- The park is open 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Day-use parking
- River access
What is currently closed at this park and throughout the State Park System?
At this park:
- No group picnics.
- High public-use indoor facilities, including museums and visitor centers.
- Special events and tours continue to be canceled until further notice.
Are there any new visitor guidelines?
Yes, please see below:
- Stay Local: Stay close to home. Walk or bike into the park. Parking is very limited. Do not take road trips to parks and beaches or to neighboring states.
- Stay Active: Keep walking, jogging, hiking and biking. Watch for one-way trails.
- Stay Safer at 6 Feet: Maintain a physical distance of 6 feet or more. Gatherings, picnics and parties are not allowed. Visitors will be asked to leave if there are too many people at the park, beach or on trails to allow for the required physical distance.
- Stay Clean: Be prepared. Bring soap/sanitizer and pack out all trash.
- Stay Covered: If your county health orders require it, please be sure to wear face coverings when you cannot maintain a safe 6-foot distance from others.
Thank you for your patience and continued support of California State Parks as we work to limit your risk for exposure to COVID-19 in the outdoors. For more information, please visit parks.ca.gov/FlattenTheCurve.
The park is on the banks of the Merced River. Fishing is popular for catfish, black bass and perch. There are picnic, camping and play areas.
The recreation area is five miles southeast of Delhi on Highway 99, south of Turlock.
The weather can be changeable; layered clothing is recommended.