Regional Park Program
Competitive grants will create, expand, or improve regional parks and regional park facilities. This is a Proposition 68 (2018 Bond Act) program found in Public Resources Code §80065(a).
First Comment Period ended November 29, 2019
September 1, 2019 started the public review period of the draft guidelines. This first review and comment period of the draft guidelines remained open from September 1, 2019 through November 29, 2019.
Second Comment Period ended July 7, 2020
June 22, 2020 started the second pubic review period of the revised draft guidelines based on feedback from the first comment period. The second review and comment period of the draft guidelines remained open from June 22, 2020 through July 7, 2020.
The final application guide will be posted here by Summer/Fall 2020. The application due date will not occur before Summer 2021.
The public hearings included a section by section discussion of the draft Application Guide. Participants shared their comments about the draft Application Guide at the public hearings.
Santa Barbara County
Tuesday, November 5 / 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Santa Barbara Veterans Memorial Building
112 W Cabrillo Blvd.
Santa Barbara, CA 93101
San Bernardino County
Wednesday, November 6 / 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Prado Regional Park Multi-Purpose Meeting RM
16700 Euclid Ave.
Chino, CA 91708
Friday, November 8 / 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Sacramento County Dept of Regional Parks Community Room
10361 Rockingham Dr., Suite 100
Sacramento, CA 95827
Santa Clara County
Wednesday, November 13 / 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Bascom Branch Library
1000 S. Bascom Ave.
San Jose, CA 95128
Thursday, November 14 / 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Fresno County Health and Wellness Center in Training Room D
1925 E. Dakota Ave.
Fresno, CA 93726
- Acquisition for new or enhanced public access and use
- Development to create or renovate:
- Trails, with preference given to multiuse trails over single-use trails
- Regional sports complexes
- Visitor and interpretive facilities
- Other types of recreation and support facilities in regional parks
- Regional Park Districts, Regional Open-Space Districts, and Open-Space Authorities formed pursuant to Public Resources Code Division 26 (commencing with Section 35100)
- Joint Powers Authorities where at least one of the members is otherwise eligible on this list
- Nonprofit organizations qualified to do business in California and qualified under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code
$23,125,000 upon appropriation by the legislature. Funding is currently not available.
- Applications will not be due in 2020. An application due date will be announced here after the Application Guide is finalized.
- It is anticipated that the application period will start no sooner than 2021. Application Workshops will be offered approximately five months before applications are due. Applicants will be given at least five months to prepare applications from the date the application period is announced.
Technical Assistance Contacts
For technical assistance, applicants are encouraged to send questions to the “Competitive Grant Application/Pre-Award” Project Officer based on the county where the project is located. Please use this link: List of Competitive Application Project Officers by County