Regional Park Program
The Regional Park Program will create, expand, or improve regional parks and regional park facilities. This program is funded by Proposition 68 (2018 Bond Act) which is found in Public Resources Code §80065(a).
- Regional Park Districts and Regional Open-Space Districts formed pursuant to Division 5, Chapter 3, Article 3 (commencing with Section 5500) of the Public Resources Code
- Open-Space Authorities formed pursuant to Public Resources Code Division 26 (commencing with Section 35100)
- Joint Powers Authorities where at least one of the members is otherwise eligible on this list
- Nonprofit organizations qualified to do business in California and qualified under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code
- Acquisition for new or enhanced public access and use
- Development to create or renovate:
- Trails, with preference given to multiuse trails over single-use trails
- Regional sports complexes
- Visitor and interpretive facilities
- Other types of recreation and support facilities in regional parks
Total Amount Available for Competitive Grants
Use this guide to plan the Regional Park Program application. The Competitive Review Team is committed to give technical assistance. Contact information is below.
Applications will be due November 5, 2021.
The Administration Guide will be used for grant projects that are selected for funding when grant awards are announced. It includes a sample grant agreement, the payment process, and accounting/record keeping requirements.
Technical Assistance Documents
- Best Practices
- Competitive Chart
- Complete Application Checklist
- Community FactFinder
- Community FactFinder Handbook
- Methods for Community Based Planning
- Community Based Planning COVID-19 Guidance
- Lease Agreement and Turnkey Projects
- Prop. 68 Corps Consultation Process Form
Technical Assistance Contacts
For technical assistance, applicants are encouraged to send questions to the “Competitive Grant Application/Pre-Award” Project Officer based on the county where the project is located. Please use this link: List of Competitive Application Project Officers by County