Regional Parks Program
Competitive grants will create, expand, or improve regional parks and regional park facilities.
This is a Proposition 68 (2018 Bond Act) program found in Public Resources Code §80065(a).
- Acquisition for new or enhanced public access and use
- Development to create or renovate:
- Trails, with preference given to multiuse trails over single-use trails
- Regional sports complexes
- Visitor and interpretive facilities
- Other types of recreation and support facilities in regional parks
- Regional Park Districts, Regional Open-Space Districts•Open-Space Authorities formed pursuant to Public Resources Code Division 26 (commencing with Section 35100)
- Joint Powers Authorities where at least one of the members is otherwise eligible on this list
- Nonprofit organizations qualified to do business in California and qualified under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code
$23,125,000 upon appropriation by the legislature. Funding is currently not available.
- The Draft Application Guide will be posted here for public review in Spring 2019.
- Applications will not be due in 2019. An application due date will be announced here after the Application Guide is finalized.
- Application Workshops will be offered statewide when the Application Guide is finalized.