7:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
McGrath State Beach
What is open now?
- Day-use beach and trails – there is no parking or facilities available at this park.
- Special events/filming by permit.
What is currently closed?
- Camping facilities, day-use parking and all restrooms.
- The main access and all facilities at this park continue to be closed due to failed infrastructure and intermittent flooding.
Protect yourself, family, friends and your community by following these prevention measures:
- Know Before You Go – Prior to leaving home, check the status of the park unit you want to visit to find out what restrictions and guidelines are in place. Have a back-up plan in case your destination is crowded. Stay home if you are sick
- Plan Ahead – Some restrooms will be temporarily closed to keep up with cleaning schedules. Bring soap/hand sanitizer.
- Play It Safe – Find out what precautions you should take when exploring the outdoors, especially if this is your first time visiting the State Park System. Learn more at parks.ca.gov/SafetyTips.
Be COVID-19 Safe– State Parks continues to follow guidance provided by the California Department of Public Health:
- Fully Vaccinated Persons: Face coverings are not required in public outdoor settings.For indoor public settings, such as museums and visitor centers, all vaccinated individuals are to self-attest that they are in compliance prior to entry.
- Unvaccinated Persons: Face coverings are required in indoor public settings such as museums and visitor centers.
- Leave No Trace – Leave areas better than how you found them by staying on designated trails and packing out all trash. Do not disturb wildlife or plants.
Due to flooding, as of 7/10/2019, McGrath State Beach is closed until further notice.
The park will reopen when flood waters recede and cleanup/repairs have been done.
We apologize for any inconvienence.
McGrath State Beach is one of the best bird-watching areas in California, with the lush riverbanks of the Santa Clara River and sand dunes along the shore. Two miles of beach provide surfing and fishing opportunities, however, swimmers are urged to use caution because of strong currents and riptides. The park offers campsites by the beach.