Scientists, professors and students who wish to complete field surveys, collect or investigate specimens of any type must apply for a Permit to Conduct Archaeological, Biological, Geological, Paleontological or Soil Collections/Investigations.

California State Parks welcomes researcher applications at all times during the year.  All requests for scientific research permits that involve biological, geological, or soil investigations/collections must be submitted on a DPR 65 (Rev. 09/2018) - APPLICATION AND PERMIT TO CONDUCT SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH AND COLLECTIONS form. [DPR 65 Application in pdf format] A study proposal and supporting documents are also required.  Scientific Research Permits will be processed in the order they are received and not all applications will be granted permits.  Most applications take up to 90 days to process.

For further information call: 760-767-4037