Day-use Area 8:00am to Sunset
Bean Hollow State Beach
COVID-19 Guidelines (June 21, 2021)
Protect yourself, family, friends and your community by following these prevention measures:
- Know Before You Go – Prior to leaving home, check the status of the park unit you want to visit to find out what restrictions and guidelines are in place. Have a back-up plan in case your destination is crowded. Stay home if you are sick
- Plan Ahead – Some restrooms will be temporarily closed to keep up with cleaning schedules. Bring soap/hand sanitizer.
- Play It Safe – Find out what precautions you should take when exploring the outdoors, especially if this is your first time visiting the State Park System. Learn more at parks.ca.gov/SafetyTips.
Be COVID-19 Safe– State Parks continues to follow guidance provided by the California Department of Public Health:
- Fully Vaccinated Persons: Face coverings are not required in public outdoor settings.For indoor public settings, such as museums and visitor centers, all vaccinated individuals are to self-attest that they are in compliance prior to entry.
- Unvaccinated Persons: Face coverings are required in indoor public settings such as museums and visitor centers.
- Leave No Trace – Leave areas better than how you found them by staying on designated trails and packing out all trash. Do not disturb wildlife or plants.
The beach features fishing, picnicking, and beachcombing. Visitors can explore tide pools with anemones, crab, sea urchins and other marine inhabitants. The beach also has a self-guided nature trail.
Swimming is dangerous because of cold water, rip currents and heavy surf.
Basic Park Information
DOGS are permitted and must be controlled with a leash of no more than six feet at all times.
BEACH FIRES are not allowed.
COLLECTING is prohibited. Please refrain from removing shells, driftwood, and other natural beach features.
FIREWORKS are prohibited.
PERMITS are required for all events and weddings. For permit information contact: San Mateo Sector Office (650) 726-8819.
Wedding & Special Events Permits:
Film & Photography Permits:
For information on obtaining these permits please contact the park directly.
DRONES are not allowed in the park. To protect wildlife and cultural resources, and for the safety and welfare of visitors and staff, the park is closed to the use of Model Aircraft, Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS), and Gliders in flight.