Day Use Only Sunrise to Sunset.
Trinidad State Beach
What is open now?
- Day Use Vehicular Access.
- Very limited parking is now available to the public.
Protect yourself, family, friends and your community by following these prevention measures:
- Know Before You Go – Prior to leaving home, check the status of the park unit you want to visit to find out what restrictions and guidelines are in place. Have a back-up plan in case your destination is crowded. Stay home if you are sick
- Plan Ahead – Some restrooms will be temporarily closed to keep up with cleaning schedules. Bring soap/hand sanitizer.
- Play It Safe – Find out what precautions you should take when exploring the outdoors, especially if this is your first time visiting the State Park System. Learn more at parks.ca.gov/SafetyTips.
- Be COVID-19 Safe – State Parks continues to meet guidance from local and state public officials as COVID-19 is still present and still deadly. Effective March 1, 2022, state guidance recommends that all individuals, regardless of vaccine status, continue masking in indoor settings, such as museums and visitor centers. Universal masking remains required in specified high-risk settings. Please plan ahead as local county guidelines may differ from state guidance and visitors are urged to follow county guidelines when required. Read the latest COVID-19 guidance at COVID19.ca.gov.
- Leave No Trace – Leave areas better than how you found them by staying on designated trails and packing out all trash. Do not disturb wildlife or plants.
It is a short hike through the woods, across open bluffs, and past seasonal wildflowers down to the beach. Low tide is the best time to visit.
On the high bluffs above the beach there is an open meadow with scattered stands of alders.
Visitor facilities include restrooms, parking, and a small picnic area with, tables and stoves.
19 miles north of Eureka, CA just off Highway 101. Tucked in a secluded cove near the town of Trinidad, this small sandy beach is a pleasant retreat from the traffic of the nearby highway.
For more information about this area
Visit the Trinidad Chamber of Commerce