Closed to the public at this time, except by special event or appointment.
Rancho San Andrés Castro Adobe Park Property
Located in the Pájaro Valley, the two-story Rancho San Andrés Castro Adobe is a historic rancho hacienda that was built between 1848-49.
Upcoming 2019 Open House Dates
Join us for a unique opportunity to view our newest State Historic Park. This hidden jewel in the Pájaro Valley is currently an active construction site as the adobe building is being repaired and is open only during scheduled events. Event is free; limited parking (carpooling encouraged). Events made possible by Friends of Santa Cruz State Parks and California State Parks.
- January 27 (11am to 3pm) Beginnings at the Adobe
- February 9 (11am to 3pm) Romance on the Rancho
- March 10 (11am to 3pm) Luck o' the Castros
- April 6 (11am to 3pm) Vaqueros y Bandidos
- May 19 (11am to 3pm) Women of the Castro Adobe
- June 8 (11am to 3pm) Summer at San Andres
- July 14 (11am to 3pm) The Castro Adobe in the American Era
- August 10 (6pm to 9pm) Evenings on the Rancho
- September 15 (11am to 3pm) The Pajaro Valley in the Mexican Era
- October 19 (11am to 3pm) Earthquakes and our Adobe
- November 17 (11am to 3pm) Thanks for our Stewards
- December 7 (11am to 3pm) Festivos en el Rancho
The Castro Adobe offers free 2.5 hour education programs to supplement teaching of 3rd grade (local history) and 4th grade (California history) content standards. (K-college can be accomodated for tours by request.)
Click here for more information.
Kids2Parks is an innovative park-equity program to bring students from Title 1 schools to State Park field trips. The program, a partnership between California State Parks and Friends of Santa Cruz State Parks, increases the number of students who have visited a state park or beach by reducing barriers to access. The program offers transportation funding for field trips to select Title 1 schools in Santa Cruz, San Mateo, and Santa Clara counties. For more information, and to apply please visit www.thatsmypark.org/visit/k2p/.