Daily: 8am - Sunset
Benicia State Recreation Area
What is open now?
- Very limited parking is now available to the public. Once the park has reached its safe parking capacity, the park will be closed to vehicle and pedestrian entry.
- The parking lots and trails
- Camping is open at Benicia SRA’s enroute campground.
What is currently closed?
- Trail Exercise stations
Protect yourself, family, friends and your community by following these prevention measures:
- Know Before You Go – Prior to leaving home, check the status of the park unit you want to visit to find out what restrictions and guidelines are in place. Have a back-up plan in case your destination is crowded. Stay home if you are sick
- Plan Ahead – Some restrooms will be temporarily closed to keep up with cleaning schedules. Bring soap/hand sanitizer.
- Play It Safe – Find out what precautions you should take when exploring the outdoors, especially if this is your first time visiting the State Park System. Learn more at parks.ca.gov/SafetyTips.
Be COVID-19 Safe– State Parks continues to follow guidance provided by the California Department of Public Health:
- Fully Vaccinated Persons: Face coverings are not required in public outdoor settings.For indoor public settings, such as museums and visitor centers, all vaccinated individuals are to self-attest that they are in compliance prior to entry.
- Unvaccinated Persons: Face coverings are required in indoor public settings such as museums and visitor centers.
- Leave No Trace – Leave areas better than how you found them by staying on designated trails and packing out all trash. Do not disturb wildlife or plants.
Cyclists, runners, walkers, equestrians, and roller skaters enjoy the park’s 2 1/2 miles of road and bike paths. Picnicking, bird watching and fishing are also attractions. Dogs must be on a leash at all times.
The marshland area on Dillon’s Point is a particularly favorite place for fishing. A parking fee is required.
Three "Enroute" campsites are available for an overnight stay on a "first-come, first-served" basis with no reservations possible. This camping is limited to motorhomes or vehicles with trailers, which must be fully self-contained. Tents are not permitted. Collecting or destroying anything in the park, including mushrooms, is prohibited.
Location - Directions
The recreation area is 1.5 miles west of the outskirts of Benicia on I-780, take the Columbus Parkway exit.
Latitude/Longitude: 38.0780/ -122.1926
Seasons/Climate Recommended Clothing
The weather can be changeable; layered clothing is recommended.