Call the park for operating hours and group arrival schedules.
Mendocino Woodlands State Park
No Drones Allowed in Park
- The noise and sight of drones can alter other people’s enjoyment of nature
- A drone hovering nearby can feel intrusive and threatening.
- Drones can capture photographs and video without someone’s permission
- Drones mimic the behavior of predatory birds and can frighten wildlife
For these reasons State Park units in the Sonoma-Mendocino Coat District do not allow launching, landing or the operation of drones on State Park property.
The Mendocino Woodlands State Park is a year-round group camping retreat facility and environmental center nestled in the heart of the Redwood Forest, just Northeast of the town of Mendocino. A 720 acre park, the Woodlands offers three private group cabin camping areas, each with a large, well equipped kitchen, dining hall, cabins, showers and bathrooms. The camping areas can accommodate groups of 30 to 200.
Camping for Individuals: Individuals can enjoy the camp in three ways:
- Contact a group camp listed on the Uncommon Vacations page to see if you can join. Many groups are looking to expand their numbers and would welcome you.
- Become a Friends of the Woodlands volunteer for an inexpensive, fun-filled weekend. Help the Woodlands tackle a project for a few hours, and have the rest of the weekend to yourself. Meals and lodging included.
- Sign up for Fall Weekend Workshops on interesting topics such as herbs, wilderness first aid, and more.
Our peaceful, rustic setting creates a unique learning environment for personal growth, retreats, training seminars, dance, music, church, youth and nature study groups. Plan a full day of activities or let each day unfold at its own pace. Hiking trails, a large beaver pond, river otters, deer, fox and other natural amenities complete the "magic" of the Mendocino Woodlands.
- Mendocino Woodlands Camp Assoc. (Environmental Science Camp)
Mendocino Woodlands State Park is located north of the village in the redwood forest on Little Lake Road, about 150 miles north of San Francisco. View Map
The weather can be changeable; layered clothing is recommended.