Call the park for operating hours and group arrival schedules.
Mendocino Woodlands State Park
Here are some guidelines for people visiting Mendocino Woodlands SP:
What is open now?
- Trails, beaches and day use areas.
- Parking may be limited.
What is currently closed at this park and throughout the State Park System?
At this park:
- Picnic Areas
- Congregate and high touch areas
- High public-use indoor facilities, including museums and visitor centers.
- Special events and tours continue to be canceled until further notice.
Are there any new visitor guidelines?
Yes, please see below:
- Stay Local: Stay close to home. Walk or bike into the park. Parking may be limited. Do not take road trips to parks and beaches or to neighboring states.
- Stay Active: Keep walking, jogging, hiking and biking. Watch for one-way trails.
- Stay Safer at 6 Feet: Maintain a physical distance of 6 feet or more. Gatherings, picnics and parties are not allowed. Visitors will be asked to leave if there are too many people at the park, beach or on trails to allow for the required physical distance.
- Stay Clean: Be prepared. Bring soap/sanitizer and pack out all trash.
- Stay Covered: Please be sure to wear face coverings when you cannot maintain a safe 6-foot distance from others.
Thank you for your patience and continued support of California State Parks as we work to limit your risk for exposure to COVID-19 in the outdoors. For more information, please visit parks.ca.gov/FlattenTheCurve.
The Mendocino Woodlands State Park is a year-round group camping retreat facility and environmental center nestled in the heart of the Redwood Forest, just Northeast of the town of Mendocino. A 720 acre park, the Woodlands offers three private group cabin camping areas, each with a large, well equipped kitchen, dining hall, cabins, showers and bathrooms. The camping areas can accommodate groups of 30 to 200.
Camping for Individuals: Individuals can enjoy the camp in three ways:
- Contact a group camp listed on the Uncommon Vacations page to see if you can join. Many groups are looking to expand their numbers and would welcome you.
- Become a Friends of the Woodlands volunteer for an inexpensive, fun-filled weekend. Help the Woodlands tackle a project for a few hours, and have the rest of the weekend to yourself. Meals and lodging included.
- Sign up for Fall Weekend Workshops on interesting topics such as herbs, wilderness first aid, and more.
Our peaceful, rustic setting creates a unique learning environment for personal growth, retreats, training seminars, dance, music, church, youth and nature study groups. Plan a full day of activities or let each day unfold at its own pace. Hiking trails, a large beaver pond, river otters, deer, fox and other natural amenities complete the "magic" of the Mendocino Woodlands.
- Mendocino Woodlands Camp Assoc. (Environmental Science Camp)
Mendocino Woodlands State Park is located north of the village in the redwood forest on Little Lake Road, about 150 miles north of San Francisco. View Map
The weather can be changeable; layered clothing is recommended.