How do I obtain a copy of a Public Safety Report?
To obtain a copy of a report generated by a State Park Ranger in Downtown Sacramento only, please contact the Capital District Public Safety Office at (916) 323-0565 or

All other reports generated from other State Park Districts can be requested by contacting the reporting District Office.  A contact list of District Offices can be found here:

District Office Contact Information

The release of police reports is governed by the California Public Records Act as well as California State Parks Department Policy.

How do I retrieve my property?
Capital District Peace Officers retain property that is found, stolen, retained for safekeeping, or seized as evidence.  Different regulations including timelines for retention apply to retrieving each different class of property.  Capital District Peace Officers do not release property taken as evidence without direction from the District Attorney’s Office or the Superior Court. 

To retrieve your property you must make an appointment with a Capital District Peace Officer.  Appointments are available between 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM.  Property is released at the Capital District Public Safety Office located at 917 Front Street.   

To retrieve property retained by a Capital District Peace Officer please contact the Capital District Public Safety Office at (916) 323-0565 or  

I received a citation.  What do I do now?
If you received a citation you have the responsibility to show up in court on the court date listed on your citation.  Questions should be directed to the Court address and phone number listed on the bottom of the citation. 

Sacramento County Courts:
Carol Miller Justice Center:  (916) 875-7800
Sacramento Superior Court:  (916) 874-5744
Sacramento Juvenile Probation: (916) 875-4202

How do I find out if someone is in Jail?
To find out if someone is in the Sacramento County Main Jail check their website at or call them at (916) 874-6752.