North Tahoe Junior Lifeguards
The Junior Lifeguard program’s goal is to educate the community’s youth about aquatic safety and high quality outdoor recreation. Through extensive aquatic interaction, exploration, and recreation, the Junior Guards gain a well-rounded education that can be utilized on and off the beach. After two weeks of training each Junior Guard will have a heightened awareness and knowledge of the lake and its dangerous, yet wonderful, environment.
- Must be a registered and paid participant.
(Registration link will be posted January 1st, 2018)
- Must successfully complete State Park Junior Lifeguard swim requirement.
(See TRYOUT INFORMATION link)
- Purchase and wear all required Junior Lifeguard Uniform items while in session.
(See JG UNIFORMS link)
- Attend entire JG session. Resource CALENDAR link and PROGRAM INFORMATION for more details.
*Absent days for emergencies only*
- By the end of the session, prove competency in performing all instructed JG skills to the best of one's ability in Tahoe Tough Guard competition.
- Have a blast while being a North Tahoe Junior Lifeguard!
Every summer the State of California - Department of Parks and Recreation for the North Lake Tahoe area offers three consecutive, two-week long sessions that are held at Kings Beach State Park. Demand is high for the limited number of spaces available so sign up early!
Please review the tryout requirements, rules and policies before signing up to ensure an enjoyable summer for all.