8:00am to 8:00pm May to Oct.
Lake Valley State Recreation Area
What is open now?
Very limited parking is now available to the public.
What is currently closed?
- High public-use indoor facilities, including museums and visitor centers.
- Special events and tours continue to be canceled until further notice.
Protect yourself, family, friends and your community by following these prevention measures:
- Know Before You Go – Prior to leaving home, check the status of the park unit you want to visit to find out what restrictions and guidelines are in place. Have a back-up plan in case your destination is crowded. Stay home if you are sick
- Plan Ahead – Some restrooms will be temporarily closed to keep up with cleaning schedules. Bring soap/hand sanitizer.
- Play It Safe – Find out what precautions you should take when exploring the outdoors, especially if this is your first time visiting the State Park System. Learn more at parks.ca.gov/SafetyTips.
Be COVID-19 Safe – State Parks continues to follow guidance provided by the California Department of Public Health:
- Fully Vaccinated Persons: Face coverings are not required in public outdoor settings. For indoor public settings, such as museums and visitor centers, all vaccinated individuals are to self-attest that they are in compliance prior to entry.
- Unvaccinated Persons: Face coverings are required in indoor public settings such as museums and visitor centers.
- Leave No Trace – Leave areas better than how you found them by staying on designated trails and packing out all trash. Do not disturb wildlife or plants.
Ringed by the High Sierra Mountains, Lake Valley State Recreation Area features a championship 18-hole golf course. Since the elevation is over 6,000 feet, shots carry farther in the thin mountain air. In the winter, the recreation area has snowmobiling and cross country skiing.
Lake Tahoe Golf Course
2500 Emerald Bay Rd. (US 50)
South Lake Tahoe, CA
Driving Range - Yes
Power Carts - Yes
Club Rental - Yes
Practice Greens - Yes
Pull Carts - Yes
Locker Rooms -No
Club House - Yes
Food / Beverage -Yes
Executive Course -No
Wedding and Banquet facilities.
Snowmobile Rentals from November to April.
The area is located 3 1/2 miles southeast of South Lake Tahoe on U.S. 50.
Summer temperatures range from about 75 degrees during the day to the low 40's at night, and winter temperatures average from a high of 40 to a low of 20 degrees.
- American Golf Corp (Lake Tahoe golf course & restaurant)