8:00am to 8:00pm May to Oct.
Lake Valley State Recreation Area
Here are some guidelines for people visiting Lake Valley SRA:
What is open now?
Very limited parking is now available to the public.
What is currently closed at this park and throughout the State Park System?
- High public-use indoor facilities, including museums and visitor centers.
- Special events and tours continue to be canceled until further notice.
Are there any new visitor guidelines?
Yes, please see below:
- Stay Local: Stay close to home. Walk or bike into the park. Parking is very limited. Do not take road trips to parks and beaches or to neighboring states.
- Stay Active: Keep walking, jogging, hiking and biking. Watch for one-way trails.
- Stay Safer at 6 Feet: Maintain a physical distance of 6 feet or more. Gatherings, picnics and parties are not allowed. Visitors will be asked to leave if there are too many people at the park, beach or on trails to allow for the required physical distance.
- Stay Clean: Be prepared. Bring soap/sanitizer and pack out all trash.
- Stay Covered: The state now requires you to wear a face covering in most indoor settings and public outdoor spaces when you cannot maintain physical distancing of six feet or more from people outside of your immediate household. For details, please visit CDPH’s guidance here. Visitors should also abide by their local county health orders.
Thank you for your patience and continued support of California State Parks as we work to limit your risk for exposure to COVID-19 in the outdoors. For more information, please visit parks.ca.gov/FlattenTheCurve.
Ringed by the High Sierra Mountains, Lake Valley State Recreation Area features a championship 18-hole golf course. Since the elevation is over 6,000 feet, shots carry farther in the thin mountain air. In the winter, the recreation area has snowmobiling and cross country skiing.
Lake Tahoe Golf Course
2500 Emerald Bay Rd. (US 50)
South Lake Tahoe, CA
Driving Range - Yes
Power Carts - Yes
Club Rental - Yes
Practice Greens - Yes
Pull Carts - Yes
Locker Rooms -No
Club House - Yes
Food / Beverage -Yes
Executive Course -No
Wedding and Banquet facilities.
Snowmobile Rentals from November to April.
The area is located 3 1/2 miles southeast of South Lake Tahoe on U.S. 50.
Summer temperatures range from about 75 degrees during the day to the low 40's at night, and winter temperatures average from a high of 40 to a low of 20 degrees.
- American Golf Corp (Lake Tahoe golf course & restaurant)