No Hours Listed
Caspar Headlands State Beach
Here are some guidelines for people visiting Caspar Headlands SB:
What is open now?
- Trails, beaches and day use areas.
- Parking may be limited.
What is currently closed at this park and throughout the State Park System?
At this park:
- Visitor Centers
- Picnic Areas
- Congregate and high touch areas
- High public-use indoor facilities, including museums and visitor centers.
- Special events and tours continue to be canceled until further notice.
Are there any new visitor guidelines?
Yes, please see below:
- Stay Local: Stay close to home. Walk or bike into the park. Parking may be limited. Do not take road trips to parks and beaches or to neighboring states.
- Stay Active: Keep walking, jogging, hiking and biking. Watch for one-way trails.
- Stay Safer at 6 Feet: Maintain a physical distance of 6 feet or more. Gatherings, picnics and parties are not allowed. Visitors will be asked to leave if there are too many people at the park, beach or on trails to allow for the required physical distance.
- Stay Clean: Be prepared. Bring soap/sanitizer and pack out all trash.
- Stay Covered: Please be sure to wear face coverings when you cannot maintain a safe 6-foot distance from others.
Thank you for your patience and continued support of California State Parks as we work to limit your risk for exposure to COVID-19 in the outdoors. For more information, please visit parks.ca.gov/FlattenTheCurve.
State beaches are areas with frontage on the ocean, or bays designed to provide swimming, boating, fishing, and other beach-oriented recreational activities. This area has miles of undeveloped beach adjacent to the headlands and a panoramic ocean view. The beach is a good place to watch for migrating gray whales. Fishing is also popular off the beach.
Location - Directions
The beach is two miles north of Russian Gulch on the coast access road (Point Cabrillo Drive.) From the north, it is one mile south of the turnoff at milepost 54.71 on Highway One.
Seasons/Climate Recommended Clothing
The weather can be changeable; layered clothing is recommended.