No Hours Listed
Caspar Headlands State Beach
What is open now?
- Parking lots.
- Day use areas.
- Beaches and trails
Protect yourself, family, friends and your community by following these prevention measures:
- Know Before You Go – Prior to leaving home, check the status of the park unit you want to visit to find out what restrictions and guidelines are in place. Have a back-up plan in case your destination is crowded. Stay home if you are sick
- Plan Ahead – Some restrooms will be temporarily closed to keep up with cleaning schedules. Bring soap/hand sanitizer.
- Play It Safe – Find out what precautions you should take when exploring the outdoors, especially if this is your first time visiting the State Park System. Learn more at parks.ca.gov/SafetyTips.
Be COVID-19 Safe– State Parks continues to follow guidance provided by the California Department of Public Health:
- Fully Vaccinated Persons: Face coverings are not required in public outdoor settings.For indoor public settings, such as museums and visitor centers, all vaccinated individuals are to self-attest that they are in compliance prior to entry.
- Unvaccinated Persons: Face coverings are required in indoor public settings such as museums and visitor centers.
- Leave No Trace – Leave areas better than how you found them by staying on designated trails and packing out all trash. Do not disturb wildlife or plants.
State beaches are areas with frontage on the ocean, or bays designed to provide swimming, boating, fishing, and other beach-oriented recreational activities. This area has miles of undeveloped beach adjacent to the headlands and a panoramic ocean view. The beach is a good place to watch for migrating gray whales. Fishing is also popular off the beach.
Location - Directions
The beach is two miles north of Russian Gulch on the coast access road (Point Cabrillo Drive.) From the north, it is one mile south of the turnoff at milepost 54.71 on Highway One.
Seasons/Climate Recommended Clothing
The weather can be changeable; layered clothing is recommended.