Reynolds Wayside Campground
Here are some guidelines for people visiting Reynolds WC:
What is open now?
- Day Use Vehicular Access
- Very limited parking is now available to the public
What is currently closed at this park and throughout the State Park System?
At this park:
- Visitor Centers
- Picnic Areas
- Congregate and high touch areas
- High public-use indoor facilities, including museums and visitor centers.
- Special events and tours continue to be canceled until further notice.
Are there any new visitor guidelines?
Yes, please see below:
- Stay Local: Stay close to home. Walk or bike into the park. Parking may be limited. Do not take road trips to parks and beaches or to neighboring states.
- Stay Active: Keep walking, jogging, hiking and biking. Watch for one-way trails.
- Stay Safer at 6 Feet: Maintain a physical distance of 6 feet or more. Gatherings, picnics and parties are not allowed. Visitors will be asked to leave if there are too many people at the park, beach or on trails to allow for the required physical distance.
- Stay Clean: Be prepared. Bring soap/sanitizer and pack out all trash.
- Stay Covered: Please be sure to wear face coverings when you cannot maintain a safe 6-foot distance from others.
Thank you for your patience and continued support of California State Parks as we work to limit your risk for exposure to COVID-19 in the outdoors. For more information, please visit parks.ca.gov/FlattenTheCurve.
Aquired as a wayside campground, Reynolds Wayside campground eliminated the campground in 1976 when US Highway 101 was constructed. Reynolds is now a wayside park that is located in Mendocino County, and the remaining portion is to preserve and protect 38 acres of old growth Coast Redwoods and Douglas firs. There is limited parking in the area, the park offers hiking and access to the south fork of the Eel River via a steep trail through the grove. The park property is open 0800 am until sunset daily.
All features, plants and animals are protected.
Dogs, Camping, fires and collecting of mushrooms is prohibited.