Reynolds Wayside Campground
What is open now?
- Day Use Vehicular Access
- Very limited parking is now available to the public
What is currently closed?
- Visitor Centers
- Picnic Areas
- Congregate and high touch areas
Protect yourself, family, friends and your community by following these prevention measures:
- Know Before You Go – Prior to leaving home, check the status of the park unit you want to visit to find out what restrictions and guidelines are in place. Have a back-up plan in case your destination is crowded. Stay home if you are sick
- Plan Ahead – Some restrooms will be temporarily closed to keep up with cleaning schedules. Bring soap/hand sanitizer.
- Play It Safe – Find out what precautions you should take when exploring the outdoors, especially if this is your first time visiting the State Park System. Learn more at parks.ca.gov/SafetyTips.
Be COVID-19 Safe – State Parks continues to follow guidance provided by the California Department of Public Health:
- Fully Vaccinated Persons: Face coverings are not required in public outdoor settings. For indoor public settings, such as museums and visitor centers, all vaccinated individuals are to self-attest that they are in compliance prior to entry.
- Unvaccinated Persons: Face coverings are required in indoor public settings such as museums and visitor centers.
- Leave No Trace – Leave areas better than how you found them by staying on designated trails and packing out all trash. Do not disturb wildlife or plants.
Aquired as a wayside campground, Reynolds Wayside campground eliminated the campground in 1976 when US Highway 101 was constructed. Reynolds is now a wayside park that is located in Mendocino County, and the remaining portion is to preserve and protect 38 acres of old growth Coast Redwoods and Douglas firs. There is limited parking in the area, the park offers hiking and access to the south fork of the Eel River via a steep trail through the grove. The park property is open 0800 am until sunset daily.
All features, plants and animals are protected.
Dogs, Camping, fires and collecting of mushrooms is prohibited.