Santa Cruz Metro
Santa Cruz Metro offers weekend service during summer months to Big Basin Redwoods State Park with Bus Route 35. The bus stop is located across the street from the former park headquarters building in the park. Check the Santa Cruz Metro website or their smartphone apps for the most up-to-date information on route, schedule, and fares. Download Santa Cruz Metro's Headways: Bus Rider Guide for all Summer 2023 Route 35 information (pages 25-29). Metro customers can park for free at the Scotts Valley Transit Center and ride directly to and from Big Basin.
As of June 7, 2023:
Bus: Route 35. View Route 35 map.
Schedule: Stops in Big Basin five times a day on Saturdays and Sundays, June 10 through September 10, 2023.
- View detailed outbound schedule (traveling to Big Basin)
- View detailed inbound schedule (returning from Big Basin)
- One ride pass: $2 adults and youth, $1 discount fare (for older adults and people with disabilities); up to 3 children under 46 inches can ride free per fare-paying passenger.
- Day pass: $6 adults and youth, $3 discount fare (for older adults and people with disabilities); up to 3 children under 46 inches can ride free per fare-paying passenger.
- View detailed fare information.
Bikes: Each metro bus has a front-mounted bike rack that can hold up to three bikes. The bicycle racks are free to use for bus riders. No bikes will be allowed inside the bus.