California State Library Parks Pass Terms and Conditions
California State Parks has rules and regulations to protect park areas for the enjoyment of future generations as well as for the convenience and safety of the park visitors. To ensure your visit is a pleasant one, please observe these terms and conditions that apply to the California State Library Parks Pass and its use.
By using the California State Library Parks Pass, you are certifying that you are aware of and agree to observe and abide by the terms and conditions of this program. Violation of the terms and conditions could result in revocation of your ability to use this pass in the future.
- Valid for entry of one passenger vehicle with capacity of nine people or less or one highway-licensed motorcycle at most California State Park System-operated units where a vehicle day-use fee is collected or vehicle access is available.
- Pass users must abide by any rules and regulations applicable to California State Parks or to the use of this pass, as amended from time to time. In addition, pass user must abide by any terms and conditions set by the library from which the pass is checked out.
- This pass (photocopies not accepted) must be: a) hung on the rearview mirror or displayed on vehicle dashboard when visiting state parks that honor this pass or b) scanned at a barcode scanner, where available. When displaying pass in vehicle, place pass front-side out. To avoid theft, highway-licensed motorcycle pass users should present the hangtag at the entrance station in exchange for a day-use ticket, utilizing self-pay envelopes where no attendant is available.
- Valid any day of the week, including holidays, if space is available. No priority will be given to pass users. State park admittance and use are subject to available space.
- The California State Library Parks Pass will not be honored at state park units operated by federal or local government and private agencies or concessionaires. This pass does not provide access to off-highway motor vehicle recreation areas.
- The pass is not valid for per-person entry or tour fees (such as Hearst San Simeon State Historical Monument, California State Railroad Museum, etc.), camping, boat use fees, group use or sites, special events, oversized vehicle fees, additional/extra vehicle fees, swimming pool fees, sanitation disposal use, or for supplemental fees.
- This pass is not valid for resale or commercial use, industrial or business operations, including, but not limited to, fleet use or pooling. Pass shall not be assigned for profit and is void if misused.
- Pass cannot be used in conjunction with any other pass and/or discount, nor can it be copied or altered in any way.