Special Events and Film Permits

Special Events

Applications, must be submitted to the Sector office at 100-225 State Park Road, Mecca CA 92254, or by email to Ray.Lennox@parks.ca.gov, at least 3 months before the intended event.  No applications will be processed without receipt of the $25 application fee or $100 application fee for large events.

Film Permits

If you intend to take photos or video at the Salton Sea State Recreation Area (Picacho State Recreation Area) for commercial use.*  You will need a film permit from the California Film Commission.  The California Fim Commission may be reached at  http://film.ca.gov/.   Once you have been approved by the film commission, then you will need a DPR form completed and sent to: California State Parks, Colorado Desert District, 200 Palm Canyon Dr, Borrego Springs, CA 92004, attn.: Cherilyn MacAdam.    For questions regarding the film permit process you may call 760-767-4037  or 760-393-3059.