Campground Information & Regulations
California Department of Parks and Recreation
San Diego Coast District
SILVER STRAND STATE BEACH CAMPGROUND
RULES AND REGULATIONS
Violations of rules and regulations can lead to the issuance of a citationor immediate cancellation of stay and ejection from the park.
Check in 2:00 pm --- Check out 12:00 pm
RESERVATIONS:Silver Strand State Beach RV Campground provides site specific year-round reservations through Reserve California. To make a reservation, call 1-800-444-7275 or visit www.ReserveCalifornia.com. Reservations will be cancelled if they do not have an RV checked into them by 12 pm the day after the scheduled arrival day. Once a reservation has been checked into, it becomes non-transferable. Questions? Call the campground kiosk at (619)435-5184
- Self-contained RV’s/Trailers only:(both running water system & flushable toilet with holding tank)
- No tent or vehicle camping is allowed, campers and pets may not sleep outside
- Registration: All vehicles must register at kiosk before entering the campground
- All vehicles must have proof of current/valid DMV registration at time of entry
- Towed vehicles must be physically towed in at registration to be considered free
- Camping tags must be visibly displayed in driver’s side of windshield
- Camping tags are vehicle specific and are not transferable
- Limit of 3 vehicles per site (including the recreational vehicle)
- Campsites are site specific and non-transferable; changes must be approved by park personnel; individuals are not permitted to reserve sites for other camper groups
- Campsites are limited to a maximum occupancy of 8 persons
- Parking: Vehicles and equipment must be within the lines of their registered campsite
- All RV’s/trailers must back into their campsite with camping tag visibly displayed
- A campsite cannot be used specifically to park extra vehicles or place equipment
- Vehicles with Day Use tags and campsite visitors must park in the day use lots
- All vehicles must park only in the campsite where they are registered
- Extra Vehicles: Additional fees apply (see campground kiosk for more information)
- Must have a valid registration tag displayed
- Additional camping unit (RV/trailer) cannot be considered an extra vehicle
- Camping Stay Limits: Applies to persons, equipment, or vehicles and any combination thereof
- Maximum stay of 30 days per calendar year
- Maximum 7 consecutive days during peak season (May 15 – September 15)
- Maximum 14 consecutive days during non-peak season
- Pets: Are not allowed on any beach, (see posted orders for bayside restrictions)
- Must be on a leash no longer than 6 ft when outside and under the immediate control of a person
- Noisy or aggressive animals must be controlled immediately by the owner
- Owners must pick up after their pets
- Pets are not allowed to sleep outside overnight
- Fires: all fires are limited to the restrictions listed in the park posted orders
- Camp stoves and portable fire containers must be within the lines of your campsite and raised a minimum of 6” off the ground
- Coals and ashes must be disposed in a “Hot Coals” container
- No person shall throw the embers of a fire on the sand on in a trash receptacle
- Sanitation: visitors are responsible for any sanitation spills
- The dump station shall only be used only for servicing gray/black water tanks
- Under no circumstance should fresh/gray/black water be dumped on the ground
- Outdoor showering, washing, or rinsing of items is not permitted (including vehicles)
- Peace and Quiet: Quiet hours are 10pm – 6am
- Generators may only be operated between 10am – 8pm
- Camping Etiquette:
- Do not walk through other campsites to access the beach area
- Do not use outside machinery or electronic equipment at a volume which is likely to disturb other campers (this includes amplified music, tools, games, etc.)
- No drones or remote-controlled aerial devices allowed
Due to the natural sandy conditions, wind, and limited staffing, campers are encouraged to assist in moving sand and maintaining their campsites. A limited number of shovels and brooms are available for borrowing at the campground kiosk or campers may bring their own.
More park information available in the Campground Brochure & Map.
GATE HOURS / GENERAL INFORMATION / EMERGENCIES:
The gates are locked in the evenings during the following hours:
- 7:00pm January 1 - February 28
- 8:00pm March 1 - Thursday before Memorial Day Weekend
- 9:00pm Friday before Memorial Day weekend - Labor Day
- 8:00pm Tuesday after Labor Day - October 31
- 7:00pm November 1 - December 31
Gates open at 7:00 am.
When gates are locked, there is no vehicle access into or out of the campground.
EMERGENCIES AFTER THE PARK IS CLOSED – CALL 911 and contact the CAMP HOST.
- For urgent matters or to report after hours problems please contact a camp host.
- Camp Host sites are located in the center of the campground near the kiosk.
Information regarding the gate closure is available at the park, during the camping reservation process, and online at the State Park website. To maintain a safe overnight parking program, volunteer campground hosts are onsite 24 hours a day, and emergency personnel have the ability to access the facilities as needed. Campers are informed to contact a campground host or call 911 if there is an emergency after day use hours. While some campers may be inconvenienced by the nightly closure, an extra level of security is provided by eliminating vehicles driving in the park that are not associated with campers. Not having these vehicles in the park at night reduces the hazard to children and pedestrians, reduces noise and vandalism, and reduces opportunities for theft of camping gear. For those inconvenienced by the nightly closure due to special circumstances, please check with park employees for options for alternate parking locations and park access.
Year-round Campground Rates (beginning Sept 2022)
Extra Vehicles - $15.00 per night
Dump Station – call park for current fee
Day Use Lot #3 is now available for campground extra vehicle overflow parking. Special Rules and Pricing apply. Contact the park for detailed information.
Day Use fees are not transferrable towards camping fees.
Day use and camping fees are collected and processed separately.