Cooperating Associations Standard Agreement
Each association has a standard agreement or "contract" with California State Parks to govern the relationship between the state and the association.

Standard Contract

To renew a Cooperating Association Agreement, please contact your Cooperating Association Liaison and request that they fill out a Partnership Services Request Form (DPR 135). This request form will initiate an agreement draft via the Partnerships Division. A Partnerships Analyst will contact the CAL for additional information including contact information, mailing address, and supplemental documents. 

Cooperating Associations Annual Report
Each cooperating submits an annual report that is due on May 31st or within 15 days of filing the IRS-990, 990-N, or 990-EZ. The annual report form and related information may be accessed from the following link:
 Partners Annual Report Registration Link (All accounts require Partnerships Division approval before partners receive access)
 DPR 973 Instructions (Revised May 2019)

Certificate of Insurance
The insurance certificate (an ACORD form or similar insurance certificate) must show general liability insurance amounts at a minimum of $1 million per occurrence, and $2 million combined general aggregate.

An insurance certificate must also contain the following required endorsements:

  1. The insurer will not cancel the policy without 30 days prior written notice to the State, except in cases of nonpayment of premiums in which instance the insurer shall give the state ten (10) days written notice prior to the effective date of cancellation.
  2. The State of California, its officers, agents, employees and servants are included as additional insured, but only insofar as the operations under this agreement are concerned.

    Submit one copy of a certificate of insurance with each contract package.

Special Event Permit
Special Event Permit (DPR246)
Special Event Permit Suppliment (DPR246a)

Cooperating Association Awards:
The cooperating associations program includes two major awards that are given to cooperating associaitons.  Complimentary Passes are given to individual board members who have served for one year or more on the board of an associaiton.  Complimentary passes may be ordered by state park personnel pursuant to Department Notice #97-42.
Document Request (DPR145)

Application - Dewitt Award for Partnership
Dewitt Award for Partnership (Excel)
For official department policy and department notices regarding use of the above forms go to the Policies and Guidelines section of this website.