Sunrise - Sunset
Point Cabrillo Light Station State Historic Park
What is open now?
- Parking lots.
- Day use areas.
- Beaches and trails.
- Special events as directed by the guidelines in the Blueprint for a Safer Economy.
- Visitor Center with modifications.
Protect yourself, family, friends and your community by following these prevention measures:
- Know Before You Go – Prior to leaving home, check the status of the park unit you want to visit to find out what restrictions and guidelines are in place. Have a back-up plan in case your destination is crowded. Stay home if you are sick
- Plan Ahead – Some restrooms will be temporarily closed to keep up with cleaning schedules. Bring soap/hand sanitizer.
- Play It Safe – Find out what precautions you should take when exploring the outdoors, especially if this is your first time visiting the State Park System. Learn more at parks.ca.gov/SafetyTips.
Be COVID-19 Safe– State Parks continues to follow guidance provided by the California Department of Public Health:
- Fully Vaccinated Persons: Face coverings are not required in public outdoor settings.For indoor public settings, such as museums and visitor centers, all vaccinated individuals are to self-attest that they are in compliance prior to entry.
- Unvaccinated Persons: Face coverings are required in indoor public settings such as museums and visitor centers.
- Leave No Trace – Leave areas better than how you found them by staying on designated trails and packing out all trash. Do not disturb wildlife or plants.
- Kearn Farmhouse open for restroom use only
- Park maps available at Mendocino Sector Office (12301 N Highway 1, Mendocino, CA 95460 - 707-937-5804)
- Trash Reduction - Removal of trash cans. "Pack it in, Pack it out" signs posted.
The preserve occupies a spectacular headland thrusting out into the Pacific Ocean. Park and walk the half-mile down the access road to explore the Light Station. It is comprised of the lighthouse and three original lightkeepers' houses and outbuildings. The fully restored lighthouse is open 365 days a year from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. The preserve grounds are open for pedestrian use from sunrise to sunset daily. Accessible parking is available in front of the light station residences.
"Cooperating associations are non-profit charitable organizations dedicated to enhancing the educational and interpretive services offered in California's state parks." PCLK has a great new website that offers the most up to date and accurate information for the park unit.
Please note: The park is open daily sunrise to sunset.