Sunrise - Sunset
Point Cabrillo Light Station State Historic Park
No Drones Allowed in Park
- The noise and sight of drones can alter other people’s enjoyment of nature
- A drone hovering nearby can feel intrusive and threatening.
- Drones can capture photographs and video without someone’s permission
- Drones mimic the behavior of predatory birds and can frighten wildlife
For these reasons State Park units in the Sonoma-Mendocino Coat District do not allow launching, landing or the operation of drones on State Park property.
- Kearn Farmhouse open for restroom use only
- Park maps available at Mendocino Sector Office (12301 N Highway 1, Mendocino, CA 95460 - 707-937-5804)
- Trash Reduction - Removal of trash cans. "Pack it in, Pack it out" signs posted.
The preserve occupies a spectacular headland thrusting out into the Pacific Ocean. Park and walk the half-mile down the access road to explore the Light Station. It is comprised of the lighthouse and three original lightkeepers' houses and outbuildings. The fully restored lighthouse is open 365 days a year from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. The preserve grounds are open for pedestrian use from sunrise to sunset daily. Accessible parking is available in front of the light station residences.
"Cooperating associations are non-profit charitable organizations dedicated to enhancing the educational and interpretive services offered in California's state parks." PCLK has a great new website that offers the most up to date and accurate information for the park unit.
Please note: The park is open daily sunrise to sunset.