No Hours Listed
Hatton Canyon Park Property
- Stay Local: Walk or bike into the park. Do not drive to the park.
- Stay Active: Keep walking, jogging, hiking and biking. Watch for one-way trails.
- Stay Safer at 6 Feet: Maintain a physical distance of 6 feet or more. Gatherings, picnics and parties are not allowed. Visitors are being asked to leave if there are too many people at the park or on trails to allow for the required physical distance.
- Stay Clean: Be prepared. Bring soap/sanitizer and pack out all trash.
Statewide, many parks and beaches are temporarily closed or have very limited access to ensure Californians are abiding and practicing physical distancing. The goals are to make sure people are safe and to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 as much as possible. To view the list of closures and what they mean to the public, please visit www.parks.ca.gov/FlattenTheCurve.
This property is new and not currently available for public use, pending necessary planning, facility development and staffing.
DOLAN FIRE - WHAT'S OPEN UPDATE
California State Parks has reopened Point Lobos State Natural Reserve and Andrew Molera State Park for active recreation. Some walking trails are open, and parking is available to vehicles on a limited basis. Social distancing protocols of maintaining a 6-ft distance and wearing masks are required.
Also opened is the Soberanes Canyon Trail in Garrapata State Park –located on the east side of Highway 1. California State Parks continues to work to increase access to state park units where compliance with state and local public health ordinances can be achieved.
Due to the Dolan Fire burning across the southern region of Monterey County, California State Parks urges the public to avoid traveling to impacted areas/park units in Monterey County due to safety and health concerns for any visitors. Air quality remains poor throughout the state.
Current Park Closures
The following State Parks, including all campgrounds, day use areas, and hiking trails, are already closed due to fire and/or traffic concerns on Highway 1 in the greater vicinity of the Dolan Fire:
- Julia Pfeiffer Burns State Park
- John Little State Natural Reserve
- Limekiln State Park
- Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park
- Point Sur State Historic Park
California State Parks is asking for the public’s cooperation at this time when our state is severely impacted by the multiple fires burning throughout the state, including fires in Monterey County and in neighboring Santa Cruz and San Benito counties. Your assistance is appreciated!
For additional information about the Dolan Fire, please see the below resources: