Call the park
Wassama Round House State Historic Park
What is open now?
- Day-Use Areas.
- Special events.
Protect yourself, family, friends and your community by following these prevention measures:
- Know Before You Go – Prior to leaving home, check the status of the park unit you want to visit to find out what restrictions and guidelines are in place. Have a back-up plan in case your destination is crowded. Stay home if you are sick
- Plan Ahead – Some restrooms will be temporarily closed to keep up with cleaning schedules. Bring soap/hand sanitizer.
- Play It Safe – Find out what precautions you should take when exploring the outdoors, especially if this is your first time visiting the State Park System. Learn more at parks.ca.gov/SafetyTips.
Be COVID-19 Safe – State Parks continues to follow guidance provided by the California Department of Public Health:
- Fully Vaccinated Persons: Face coverings are not required in public outdoor settings. For indoor public settings, such as museums and visitor centers, all vaccinated individuals are to self-attest that they are in compliance prior to entry.
- Unvaccinated Persons: Face coverings are required in indoor public settings such as museums and visitor centers.
- Leave No Trace – Leave areas better than how you found them by staying on designated trails and packing out all trash. Do not disturb wildlife or plants.
This site is used by local Native Americans as a ceremonial meeting place. The park features special events and tours. Gathering Day, held the third Saturday of October, includes demonstrations of dancing, crafts and basket weaving.
Location - Directions
The park is five miles northwest of Oakhurst off Highway 49.
Latitude/Longitude Ahwahnee, CA 37.3656 / -119.7253
The weather can be changeable; layered clothing is recommended.