Equal Access Tours
Persons requiring mobility assistance may make reservations for special docent-led Equal Access Guided Walks.
Spring, Summer, Fall Equal Access Tours (April - Nov)
To accommodate visitors who require mobile assistance, the park offers a 2 hour tour for visitors to access the natural preserve and view the elephant seals. Qualified persons include those that require mobility assistance and cannot walk the 3-mile hike on the Año Nuevo Point Trail. An ADA wheelchair accessible van transports visitors to an accessible boardwalk that leads to where the elephant seals be seen. Each person in need of mobility assistance may bring up to 3 people on the tour.
Equal Access Tours take place every other Sunday at 10am and 1pm. Reservations are required and must be made by the Wed before the desired date.
Available Equal Access Tours:
July 14 July 28
Aug 11 Aug 25
Sept 8 Sept 22
Oct 6 Oct 20
Nov 3 Nov 11 (Veterns Day)
Nov 29 (Black Friday)
To reserve a Año Nuevo Equal Access Tour fill our our Año Nuevo Equal Access Tour Reservation Form.
A park staff member will return your email to set up the reservation as soon as possible.
During April-November, tickets are not purchased, but there is still a day-use parking fee of $10.00.
What Should I Bring on the Tour?
Elephant seal tours are conducted rain or shine. Winter weather can be very cold and windy, even on sunny summer days.
Rain is frequent and the trail may be muddy with small puddles.
- Visitors should bring hooded rain gear,a warm jacket, layered clothing, and sturdy walking shoes.
- Cameras and binoculars are welcome!
- For safety reasons, use of umbrellas are not permitted on the tours.
- No food is allowed on the tour, but you may picnic in designated areas before or after the guided tour.
- Pets are not allowed in the park and cannot be left inside parked vehicles in the parking lot.
- Two guests are allowed with each person qualifying for an EA Guided Tour