Equal Access Tours
Persons requiring mobility assistance may make reservations for special docent-led Equal Access Guided Walks.
To accommodate visitors who require mobile assistance, the park offers a 2 hour tour for visitors to access the natural preserve and view the elephant seals. Qualified persons include those that require mobility assistance and cannot walk the 3-mile hike on the Año Nuevo Point Trail. An ADA wheelchair accessible van transports visitors to an accessible boardwalk that leads to where the elephant seals be seen. Each person in need of mobility assistance may bring up to 3 people on the tour.
WINTER EQUAL ACCESS WALKS (Dec-March)
Equal Access walks are available Fridays, weekends, and select holidays mid-December through March. Reservations are required 4 days before the desired date. Tickets cost $7.00 plus a $3.99 reservation fee per person. In addition there is a $10.00 day-use parking fee charged per vehicle.
Beginning October 20th, you may call ReserveCalifornia at 1-800-444-4445 to make a Equal Access Guided Walk reservation.
What Should I Bring on the Tour?
Elephant seal tours are conducted rain or shine. Winter weather can be very cold and windy, even on sunny summer days.
Rain is frequent and the trail may be muddy with small puddles.
- Visitors should bring hooded rain gear,a warm jacket, layered clothing, and sturdy walking shoes.
- Cameras and binoculars are welcome!
- For safety reasons, use of umbrellas are not permitted on the tours.
- No food is allowed on the tour, but you may picnic in designated areas before or after the guided tour.
- Pets are not allowed in the park and cannot be left inside parked vehicles in the parking lot.
- Two guests are allowed with each person qualifying for an EA Guided Tour