Special Events

Special Event Permit

Special Event Permits are required for any activity that is outside regular park use.  Activities that require Special Event Permits include, but are not limited to:

  • Use of amplified music
  • Use of PA systems
  • Bands or Disk Jockeys
  • Use of bounce houses
  • Large tents (20'x20' and larger)
  • Outside catering companies or food trucks
  • Any event involving the sale of food or other items
  • Races, fishing tournaments, sports, or other organized competitions
  • Any event where tickets are sold or fees are charged for participants
  • Weddings

Special Event Fees and Process:

A completed Special Event Permit, Certificate of General Liability Insurance, and non-refundable $25.00 fee must be received by the park in order for the permit to be processed.  For events that require exclusive use areas, impact normal park use, involve camping, sporting activities, tournaments, or competitions, an activity fee will be assessed.  Activity fees vary depending on the event size, number of participants, duration, location, staffing needs, and resource impacts.

Special Event Permits must be submitted at least 30 days in advance.  Permits submitted less than 30 days in advanced are charged $100 for the permit fee and/or may not be processed or permitted.  Special Event Permits will not be accepted within 14 days of the event.  Only one event date is allowed per permit. 

Completed Special Event Permits can be hand delivered or mailed to:

Silverwood Lake SRA

Attn: Special Events Coordinator

14651 Cedar Circle

Hesperia, CA 92345

For questions, please contact Ryann Gill by email at ryan.gill@parks.ca.gov or call (760)389-2281.

For more information on special event permits and fees, Click: Silverwood Lake Special Event Information

Download Special Event forms by selecting the links below:

Special Event Permit

Special Event Permit Supplemental (required for all events)

Liability Insurance Form (required)