For Immediate Release: 11/29/2022
“Christmas in Coloma” Returns to Marshall Gold Discovery State Historic Park
Marshall Gold Discovery SHP
COLOMA, Calif.—California State Parks is pleased to announce the return of “Christmas in Coloma” at Marshall Gold Discovery State Historic Park (SHP) on Saturday and Sunday, December 10 and 11 from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. each day. Community members, families and out-of- town guests are invited to enjoy traditional family-oriented holiday activities and explore historic buildings at the park.
- Carriage rides, warming fires and holiday music set the mood for holiday shopping with local vendors.
- Victorian-era games and holiday crafts to entertain the young and old.
- Fresh greens, ribbons and bows available for wreath-making activities.
- Visit with Santa from 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. each day.
- Thirteen historic buildings will be decorated and open for visitors.
- Hot food and drinks available for purchase.
“Christmas in Coloma” is made possible thanks to a partnership with the Gold Discovery Park Association. Admission to the event is $10 per vehicle, $5 per person for the house tour. For more information, call (530) 622-3740 or visit parks.ca.gov/MarshallGold. Please note: This is a dog-free event except for service dogs.
Marshall Gold Discovery State Historic Park is located in Coloma, California, on Highway 49, eight miles north of Placerville and 18 miles south of Auburn, only one hour from Sacramento.
Images from previous “Christmas in Coloma” events at Marshall Gold Discovery State Historic Park. Photos from California State Parks.
Subscribe to California State Parks News via e-mail at NewsRoom@parks.ca.gov
California State Parks provides for the health, inspiration and education of the people of California by helping to preserve the state’s extraordinary biological diversity, protecting its most valued natural and cultural resources, and creating opportunities for high quality outdoor recreation.