• Tour Leaders/Assistants: Lead or assist with Estate & Mine Yard Tours, Garden Tours, and/or Nature Trail Tours
• Trail Rovers: Answer visitors' questions and keep trails clean while you hike through the beautiful forest
• Blacksmiths: Interact with visitors while you demonstrate making period ironwork to sell in our gift shop
• Gift shop: Meet people from around the world and financially benefit our park's non-profit association
• School Tours: Lead tours and/or assist with 3rd-5th grade school programs
• Garden maintenance: help with gardening and maintenance of our Rose Garden and other Estate landscaping
• Living History: Wear Living History period clothing reproductions while giving Tours and/or staffing Special Events
• Special Events: Staff and/or assist with event setup and takedown for interpretive park events such as Miner's Picnic.
Friday, March 31st or Saturday, April 1st
Friday, April 14th or Saturday, April 15th
EMPIRE MINE ACTIVITY TRAINING: Friday, April 21st or Saturday, April 22nd
Trainees who are interested in volunteering at other local State Parks can also attend South Yuba River SP volunteer activity training on Friday, April 28th or Saturday, April 29th, and/or Malakoff Diggins SHP on Friday, May 5th or Saturday, May 6th.
For more information about the three parks and a list of the volunteer opportunities available, visit the parks’ webpages and their “Volunteer Programs” page:
An optional, informational Open House for the public to learn about the volunteer programs will held Saturday, March 25th at each park. Visitors may sign up for the training at the Open House event, on www/parks.ca.gov/SierraGoldVolunteers, or by contacting Sierra Gold Sector Volunteer Coordinator Jean Rhyne at (530) 273-7714 or Jean.Rhyne@parks.ca.gov.