Youth Aide Program
If you have been a state park Junior Lifeguard that is between the ages of 13-16 you should consider trying out to become a Junior Lifeguard Youth Aide. As a Youth Aide you work under close supervision of the Junior Lifeguard Instructors and assist in the daily operations of the program. This position will work directly with the Lifeguard Staff in order to develop job skills, quality work habits and leadership ability through work experience. Youth Aide's also receive 100% scholarship into their specified session. The Youth Aide position is a highly competitive position and all qualified candidates are encouraged to tryout.
- Email Tahoe.email@example.com to RSVP for Youth Aide tryouts.
- Participant must be between the ages of 13-16 years old.
- Have at least one year completed at a State Park Junior Lifeguard. (Experience can consist of time spent with another state Jr. Lifeguard program)
- Pass a separate Youth Aide tryout consisting of a distance swim test and a run-swim-run scenario.
- Pass an oral interview with the Jr. Lifeguard Coordinator.
Youth aide candidates MUST HAVE a parent or guardian in attendance at the tryout to swim.
Please email: Tahoe.firstname.lastname@example.org
Coordinator Office: 530-550-6161
- 500 yard open water swim in 15 minutes
- 100 yard run, 300 yard swim, 100 yard run in 15 minute
Applicants are encouraged to have knowledge of the Junior Lifeguard program, CA State Parks Mission Statement, and basic lifeguard skills. It is strongly recommended that you attend your interview with a resume and in professional business attire.
2021 Youth Aide Tryout Dates
Wednesday, June 30th: (12:00pm-3:300pm)
Wednesday, July 7th: (12:00pm-3:00pm)
*All tryouts will be held at Kings Beach State Park*
If your child is interested in becoming a Youth Aide for the 2021 summer season, please email us at email@example.com
Your child should show up to the tryout time ready to complete the physical portion of the test. Oral interviews will be conducted immediately following the tryout, therefore, your child should bring interview attire and resumes with them.