Christmas in the Adobes Info & Tickets
36th Annual CHRISTMAS IN THE ADOBES - 2018
In 2019 Christmas in the Adobes will be held on the nights of December 13 & 14
5 p.m. - 9 p.m.
Stroll the streets of Historic Downtown Monterey and visit 19th-Century Mexican Era adobes decorated for the holidays. Enjoy fandango dance lessons at Custom House, treats at Fisherman's Wharf or bagpipes and shortbread cookies at Robert Louis Stevenson House, to name a few. Many other adobes offer entertainments, refreshments, games, history and loads of fun. It's a holiday event for the entire family!
Twenty-three historic sites throughout the downtown area are within walking distance. Volunteers at several sites offer information about the history of their building. Some adobes offer interactive fun. We recommend you dress for weather and bring a flashlight!
Each year many event goers stay the weekend at a downtown hotel and attend both nights by purchasing a two-night pass so they can see every venue.
We Thank our Christmas in the Adobes Sponsors 2018
- Inns of Monterey
- Old Fisherman’s Grotto
- Kathy Miller—In memory of Dr. Clair A. Weast/Scales Restraurante
- Mary Powell—In memory of Howard T. Powell
- The Stevenson
- Toy Bryant—In memory of Bill Bryant/Lee Henderson, Donna Gibson Co-Sponsor
- Vince Huth & Jerilynne Smith Crivello
- Jan, Jack, Janie & Chris—In memory of Jill Nelson Lynch / Bonnie Van Meter, Suzanne Siegelman
Other Major Donors
- City of Monterey
- Copy King
- Troia's Market & Deli
- Mid Valley Cleaners and Olympia Cleaners
- Cardinale and Wright Christmas Trees
- Jiquilpan Frutas y Aguas Frescas
Interested in sponsoring a State Parks adobe? Contact Jan Houser at email@example.com
Sponsorship includes mention in the event program, a pair of two-night gold passes, an official event poster with your name or business name for display, and your name or business name on a poster at the entrance of your sponsored adobe.