For Immediate Release: 3/27/2015
California State Parks Seeks Input for the Mount Diablo State Park Roads and Trails Plan
Danville, Calif.-- California State Parks will be hosting two open house meetings to receive comments from the public regarding the Draft Mount Diablo State Park Roads and Trails Management Plan (RTMP). The open house meetings will take place as follows:
- May 12, 2015, from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m., at the Danville Veteran’s Memorial Building, 400 Hartz Avenue, Danville
- May 13, 2015, from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at the Centre Concord Community Center, 5298 Clayton Road, Concord.
The Draft RTMP for Mount Diablo State Park describes the existing roads and trails of the park and provides specific direction for management and operations in the future. The goal is to ensure that recreational trail opportunities are made available at their fullest potential, while protecting the park’s cultural and natural resources. Set aside by the State in 1931, Mount Diablo State Park has an extensive system of roads and trails including 221 miles of non-motorized trails set in a variety of habitats,including grasslands, woodlands, chaparral, creeks, ponds, and seasonal water falls. The park holds numerous Native American sites and a collection of 1930s buildings constructed by the Civilian Conservation Corps.
California State Parks:
The RTMP can be found online at www.parks.ca.gov/mdsp-rtmp or members of the public can also get a free hard-copy at one of the following locations :
These meetings will build on public outreach efforts conducted over the past several years to gather input from users, management agencies, cooperative associations and other stakeholders regarding the road and trail recreational needs in the region.
- Diablo Vista District Headquarters, 845 Casa Grande Road, Petaluma
- Mount Diablo State Park, 96 Mitchell Canyon Road, Clayton
- California State Parks Northern Service Center, One Capital Mall, Suite 410, Sacramento
Contra Costa County Library Branches
- Clayton Community Library, 6125 Clayton Road, Clayton
- Pleasant Hill Library, 1750 Oak Park Blvd., Pleasant Hill
- Danville Library, 400 Front Street, Danville.
For additional information please email:email@example.com. California State Parks welcomes all visitors. For those with special needs, please contact State Parks Contra Solano Sector Superintendent Ryen Goering at (925) 673-2895 in advance to arrange accommodations.
Subscribe to California State Parks News via e-mail at NewsRoom@parks.ca.gov
California State Parks provides for the health, inspiration and education of the people of California by helping to preserve the state’s extraordinary biological diversity, protecting its most valued natural and cultural resources, and creating opportunities for high quality outdoor recreation.