Historical Landmark

Built in 1854 among sawmills and redwood groves by Dr. R. O. Tripp and M. A. Parkhurst, the store was operated by Dr. Tripp (who also served as dentist, librarian, postmaster, and community leader) until his death in 1909. It was purchased by the County of San Mateo in 1940 and opened as a public museum on September 7, 1947. This property was also listed in the National Register of Historic Places on 7/18/1985.

Registration Date: 3/29/1933

City: Woodside
County: San Mateo

SW corner of Tripp Rd and Kings Mint Rd, Woodside

Back   Return to Listed Resources Listing