NORTH STAR MINE POWERHOUSE
The North Star Powerhouse, built by A. D. Foote in 1895, was the first complete plant of its kind. Compressed air, generated by Pelton water wheels, furnished power for the entire mine operation. The 30-foot Pelton wheel was the largest in the world, and was in continuous use for over 30 years.
Registration Date: 9/24/1970
City: Grass Valley
Mining and Pelton Wheel Museum, S Mill at Allison Ranch Rd, Grass Valley
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing