BODEGA BAY AND HARBOR
Discovered in 1602-03 by Vizcaino's expedition, the bay was named by Bodega in his survey of 1775. The harbor was used in 1790 by Colnett and in 1809 and 1811 by the Kusov expeditions. The Russian-American company and their Aleut hunters used the bay as an outpost until 1841, Stephen Smith took control in 1843. Pioneer ships of many nations used Bodega Bay as an anchorage.
Registration Date: 11/3/1969
City: Bodega Bay
Doran Park, 1.6 mi W of State Hwy 1 (P.M. 9.4), on Doran Beach Rd, 0.5 mi S of Bodega Bay
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing