VINEYARD AND WINERY (SAN FRANCISCO SOLANO MISSION VINEYARD)
Here the Franciscan Fathers of San Francisco Solano de Sonoma Mission produced sacramental wine from the first vineyard in Sonoma Valley, planted in 1825. After secularization of the mission in 1835, General Mariano G. Vallejo, Commandant of Alta California's northern frontier, produced prize-winning wines from these grapes. A young immigrant from Italy, Samuele Sebastiani, with his wife Elvira, purchased this property in the early 1900s. Since that time, he and his family have continued with distinction the traditions handed down to them. Much of the original mission vineyard is still planted to choice wine grapes.
Registration Date: 6/6/1960
394-4th St E at Spain St, Sonoma
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing