This was the site of Rancho los Guilucos (18,833 acres), which Governor Juan Bautista Alvarado granted to John Wilson and his wife, Ramona Carrillo, sister-in-law of General Mariano Guadalupe Vallejo, in 1839. The house, constructed in 1858 by William Hood for his bride, Elsia Shaw of Sonoma, incorporates the original bricks fired on the property. The property was purchased in 1943 by the California Department of the Youth Authority for Los Guilucos School for Girls.
Registration Date: 7/31/1959
City: Santa Rosa
Hood Mansion, Santa Rosa Jr College, 7501 Sonoma Hwy (Hwy 12), Santa Rosa
Back Return to Listed Resources Listing