Skip to Main Content
Menu
Contact Us Search
OHP Title

ST. VINCENT'S SCHOOL FOR BOYS

Historical Landmark

Description:
In 1853, Timothy Murphy, Irish-born pioneer of Marin County, gave 317 acres of land to Archbishop Alemany for educational purposes. Here the Sisters of Charity in 1855 founded a school that, as St. Vincent's School for Boys, has been maintained and enlarged by successive archbishops of San Francisco.

Registration Date: 1/29/1958

Location:
City: San Rafael
County: Marin

Directions:
0.7 mi E of Hwy 101 on St. Vincent Dr, 4 mi N of San Rafael

Back   Return to Listed Resources Listing